Nurse Counselor- Telephone Triage
FONEMED’s registered nurses provide telephone triage and health advice to callers across North America remotely, from the comfort of their own home office. Our nurses are located all throughout the United States. We use computerized Schmitt/Thompson triage guidelines to assist in assessing patients’ symptoms. In addition to triage calls, we receive questions requesting information on medical conditions, medications, diagnostic tests, etc. All calls are documented electronically and all telephone encounters are recorded.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Three years of recent clinical experience, pediatrics and adult (ER and triage experience preferred).
- Previous experience with telephone triage using electronic triage software and computerized medical protocols is considered an asset- preferably 1 or more years’ experience.
- Experience using the Barton Schmitt/David Thompson guidelines will be an asset.
- Strong communication and clinical assessment skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional computer skills within a Windows environment and keyboarding ability.
- Active RN license in state of residence, compact license under the Enhanced Nurse Licensure Compact (eNLC) preferred, as well as an active California license.
- Active license in other single states in which FONEMED provides services are also required. These include, but are not limited to: AK, DC, HI, IL, LA, MA, MI, NJ, NY, OH, OR, PA, RI, VT, WA.
- Employees must be willing to apply for any state license at the employer’s request (reimbursement provided).
- Bilingual English/Spanish or another language will be considered an asset.
Expectations of Nurse:
- Shift work (days, evenings, nights and weekends).
- Designated office space in your home that is separated with a door to give complete privacy while working.
- Reliable high speed internet access (no dial-up).
- Dedicated landline to your home will be required for work purposes only (monthly reimbursement provided).
- Participation via telephone or video in regular staff meetings.
- Full compliance with FONEMED policies and procedures, including HIPAA privacy requirements.
Compensation and Hours:
- Hourly pay
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Health insurance benefits
- A thorough training and orientation program with a supportive team of co-workers and managers
- A friendly and collaborative work environment from a company who values our employees