Registered Nurse - Neurosurgery Clinic (1.0 FTE, Capitol Hill) $3000 sign-on bonus
Description:Kaiser Permanente-s Capitol Hill campus is an open, welcoming, and respectful community. Our medical center campus is located in the heart of Seattle in the scenic Capitol Hill neighborhood. This facility offers over 25 multi-specialty and primary care outpatient services and an inpatient med/surg/ tele hospital to a
diverse patient community.
We are looking for a RN who can provide patient focused care in a fast paced, multi-provider Neurosurgery clinic. The ability to provide leadership and support team work is essential. The team is supportive with lots of opportunities for training and development.
The Neurosurgery Clinic RN's primary responsibility is to develop a safe plan of care and appropriate treatment follow-up for patients with a variety of neurological conditions.
- Utilizes telephone interviewing, physical assessment and critical thinking in assessing patient symptoms or lifestyle changes in conjunction with KP guidelines and protocols to determine appropriate patient plans of care.
- Provides ongoing education to patients regarding lifestyle and dietary adjustments associated with neurological conditions.
- Works collaboratively with the patient to promote patient self-management.
- Working in a team including RNs and Medical Assistant.
- Associate's degree in nursing from an accredited program.
License, Certification, Registration
- Current Washington State RN License by date of hire/transfer.
- Communication, problem-solving, leadership and decision-making skills.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- 2 years recent clinical RN experience, including acute and/or ambulatory experience.
- Experience working with a targeted patient population with a variety of neurological conditions. .
Licensure / Certification
- Preferred: Neuro RN Certification
Primary Location: Washington,Seattle,Capitol Hill South Building 125 16th Ave. EScheduled Weekly Hours: 40Shift: DayWorkdays: Mon - FriWorking Hours Start: 8:00 AMWorking Hours End: 5:00 PMJob Schedule: Full-timeJob Type: StandardEmployee Status: RegularEmployee Group/Union Affiliation: SEIU RN/ANRPJob Level: Individual ContributorJob Category: Nursing LicensedDepartment: Neuro-SurgeryTravel: No
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.