Director of Nursing, Women & Babies- L&D, PP, NICU, Comm. Health Ed.
Under the direction of the CNO, provides daily and strategic administrative oversight and operational control to patient care units under his/her area of responsibility. This position requires providing Patient Care managerial/administrative supervision to department, which provides care/service across the continuum of care in a manner that, demonstrates an understanding of the functional and/or developmental age of the individual served. Plans, directs and coordinates services for unit regarding operations, nursing practices, short and long term goals, and budgets. Supervises and coordinates the work of unlicensed and licensed staff including charge nurses in unit.
- Responsible for effective management of operational and staffing matters, problem solving, training, supplies and equipment requisites, performance management, conflict resolution, coaching/disciplinary actions, and hiring/retention of staff.
- Manages quality and effectiveness of care given by staff.
- Advises the CNO of nursing and administrative issues of unit.
- Ensures compliance with quality assurance, safety, infection control, and environmental procedures in accordance with regulatory requirements.
- Utilizes efficient managerial skills and critical thinking in order to optimize expense control.
- Recognizes consequences of decisions to budget.
- Responsible for positive staff morale, staff absenteeism management and low turnover. Ensures quality new hires and vacancies levels are appropriate.
- Prioritizes projects and uses time management to maximize efficiencies.
- Utilizes management process; gather data, identify issue (goal), identify remedy (objectives), implement and monitor to ensure expected results are achieved.
- Clearly identifies the customer(s) they serve and establishes customer service initiatives to ensure ultimate customer service is provided in order to achieve targeted outcomes.
- Possess the technical knowledge to appropriately develop spreadsheets, reports, and budgeting. Demonstrates good project management skills to ensure targeted outcomes are achieved.
- Possess general knowledge of wage and hour regulations, record keeping, OSHA, workers comp, Department of Labor, EEOC, leave of absence laws, and complies with company policies and procedures.
- Works collaboratively with Human Resources to effectively handle administrative proceedings.
- Actively engages in self-improvement and training activities for subordinates to ensure the strategic goals and objectives are met.
- Demonstrates an understanding of organizational processes and procedures and adheres to the approved process. Ensures subordinates follow approved process and procedures.
- Demonstrates understanding of Baby Friendly regulations and standards to maintain SGVMCs Baby Friendly designation.
At San Gabriel Valley Medical Center, we're all about Our Family Caring for Yours.
Our approach to care is simple: We treat our patients in the way we want our loved ones to be treated with compassion and respect. This philosophy has guided the employees and physicians of San Gabriel Valley Medical Center since 1960. Our team of healthcare professionals is dedicated to promoting and championing the individual needs of each patient and family in a caring and supportive environment. We utilize a holistic approach to provide comfort and healing for both patient and family in a culturally sensitive manner.
You and your loved ones can be confident in the care provided by over 500 physicians and 1,100 employees who utilize advanced technology to diagnose and treat thousands of patients each year.