Registered Nurse (RN) - Operating Room (PRN)
Cypress Fairbanks Medical Center - Cypress, Texas
Registered Nurse (RN) - Operating Room
Since 1983, Cypress Fairbank Medical Center has offered a wide array of health services and specialties. At Cy-Fair Hospital, youll find 24-hour emergency care, a Primary Stroke Center, an accredited Chest Pain Center, pediatric care, bariatrics, ob-gyn services and more.
Cy-Fair Hospital works to meet the communitys needs with four emergency rooms at the hospital and three offsite, as well as two urgent care facilities offering night and weekend hours.
Cypress Fairbanks Medical Center is currently looking for a Registered Nurse (RN) - Operating Room.
- The RN Service Coordinators assigned to the Operating Room cares for infants, children, adolescents, adults, and geriatrics.
- Responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating care for assigned patients.
- Responsible for meeting the Standards of Practice for Operating Room Area and managing all assigned personnel, supplies, and equipment.
- Demonstrates clinical expertise in area of specialty. Participates in activities to plan, measure, assess, and improve the quality of patient care.
- Circulates or scrubs for a variety of surgical specialty cases.
- Supervises and evaluates work performance in terms of patient care, staff relations and efficiency of service.
- Addresses educational and competency issues of staff within their service. Able to take Charge in the absence of the Charge Nurse. Administers medications as ordered by the physician.
- Responsible for surgical suite preparation for a variety of surgical cases. Responsible and accountable for all ordering for their specialty along with monitoring of out dates, specialty equipment and repairs.
- Collaborates with physicians, nurses, and other clinical disciplines in making decisions regarding each patient's care needs.
- Participates in research for capital purchases and cost containment through active involvement with staff and physicians.
- Works with professional and nonprofessional employees of the hospital, and with physicians, patients and their families.
- Assumes responsibility for orientation of new personnel and nursing students, as delegated by the Charge Nurse.