Advanced Nurse Practitioner, Part time and Per Diem APRN, Weekends.
Weekend coverage needed:
Advanced Practice Nurse Practitioner needed for Geriatric Nursing Home positions. We are seeking an Advanced Nurse Practitioner to provide coverage for nursing homes/long term care facilities. We need coverage Saturdays, Sundays or both in nursing homes primarily in the Waterbury area. Opportunities to coverage other APRN's for vacations and days off during week.
The APRN must be willing to provide quality care to patients and families. The Advanced Nurse Practitioner will be responsible for rounding on patients while providing direct patient care, coordinate care transitions, while documenting accurate reports in patients charts.
The focus of this position is to provide high quality care to frail and medically complex elderly patients while working to help prevent hospital readmissions.
This is a Part-Time/Per diem position with possibility of hours during week in addition to weekend support. Not required to commit to both Saturday and Sunday coverage. Full time position available for the right candidate.
The APRN Nurse Practitioner will be offered a competitive financial package and paid time off based on number of hours worked.
Geriatric or long term care experience is preferred but not required.
- Diagnose and treat acute, episodic or chronic illnesses
- Prescribe all necessary medications and treatments
- Perform comprehensive physical examinations of patients
- Develop and implement patient management policies and procedures
- Facilitate referrals to other healthcare professionals and medical facilities
- Communicate with collaborating physician or specialist regarding patient care
- Previous experience in nursing or other medical fields
- Ability to build rapport with patients
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong leadership qualities
Completion of masters degree or comparable graduate-level training at an accredited nursing school/program with Active unrestricted APRN licensure by the Connecticut Board of Nursing. Active DEA registration.Company Description
We are a family owned company located in Wolcott,CT that provides advanced nurse practitioner support to nursing homes and assisted living facilities in Connecticut.