Cardiac Device Technician
Seeking a Cardiac Device Technician
for our recognized Cardiology Practice to provide thorough, proficient pacemaker and AICD interrogation and re-programming to cardiac device patients in person, remotely, and/or via phone transmission. Technician will be responsible for initial device analysis, preliminary report generation, and alerting physician or non-physician practitioner to urgent issues requiring further attention.
We offer an excellent benefits package, competitive salary and growth opportunities. Join our team and share your skills and talents with the nation's largest private provider of healthcare services.
The HCA Physician Services Group (PSG) is the physician and practice management solution for the Hospital Corporation of America (HCA). PSG operates more than 800 practices, 78 urgent care clinics, and partners with HCAs 165 hospitals to structure employed provider programs, professional service agreements, and joint ventures that offer the communities we serve high quality, cost effective care. We manage a collection of highly motivated healthcare professionals and innovative leaders who are committed to excellence in every aspect of their career.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Interrogate, interpret, and re-program cardiac devices with minimal physician supervision.
- Trouble shoot critical device issues and take immediate steps toward resolution.
- Collaborate with physicians regarding device status and accurately document device analysis in EMR for review.
- Educate patients on all aspects of their device including remote monitoring and follow-up protocol.
- Ensure charges are accurately captured for device interrogation.
- Schedule patients for device appointment follow up in EMR and remote website. Immediately contact “no show” patients to ensure they are re-scheduled.
- Assist EP nurses and non-physician practitioners in the delivery of patient teaching.
- Consistently travel to regional offices for assigned device clinics.
- Participate in positive, proactive inter- and intra-departmental communication.
- Promote a healthy clinical environment and good working relationships.
- Serve as resource to physicians and other practice employees regarding device patients and services.
- Keep equipment in good working condition and notify appropriate personnel of problem areas or safety issues.
- Ensure programming rooms are adequately stocked with necessary supplies.
- Participate in professional development activities and maintain professional affiliations.