Patient Placement Specialist
Assigned by market(s). The Placement Specialist is accountable to oversee the Bed Management at all centers within the market and the Reservation Process of all incoming patient inquiries while balancing census and qmix goals with quality of care needs.
The Placement Specialist is responsible for the steady, smooth flow of patient inquiries through the Genesis Network in a timely and seamless manner while achieving or exceeding target acceptances times.
The Placement Specialist directly accepts patient referrals following a complete financial and clinical case review and/or supports the Clinical Admissions Director who makes and communicates acceptance decisions.
The Placement Specialist is measured based on market performance specifically volume of episodes, acceptance rate, conversion rate, and market share.
The Placement Specialist, if qualified, may perform the responsibilities of a Stationary Clinical Admissions Director on an as-needed basis.
1. Responds to all referrals and inquiries in a professional manner. This may include but is not limited to selling the network, explaining finances, communicating intake information, and transfer of information to appropriate facility/entity for scheduling of admission/appointments.
2. Monitors all incoming electronic discharges. Assures Episodes and Referrals are entered, prioritized and accurately completed in all applicable systems.
3. Ensures all patient eligibility verifications are completed on incoming patients and escalates cases that require further review to appropriate party. Cases that require further review include but are not limited to: coverage gaps, high co-pays, other.
4. Ensures all pre-authorizations are scheduled and/or completed for all Managed Care/Insurance incoming episodes.
5. Possesses current knowledge of the capabilities and services of all nursing centers in the Genesis Network and ensures that centers within the assigned market (s) are compliant with the online Facility Capabilities.
6. Makes "select" Placement Decisions and communicates directly to patient, family or caregiver and referral source. Markets services and capabilities of center (s) to inquirers.
7. Collaborates with Center Admissions Staff to ensure Bed Management is up-to-date reflecting all known patient reservations, census, forecasted discharges as well as all centers' capabilities and limitations.
8. Makes recommendations on patient transfers to optimize bed utilization and revenue management for center and across the market portfolio of centers.
9. May escalate roadblocks to placement to appropriate Regional/Area Management.
10. Follows-up on all referrals and inquiries at specified intervals for the purpose of measuring customer satisfaction as well as tracking of changing customer needs.
11. Completes intake process, coordinates appropriate service delivery and ensures all pre-admission information is accurate and complete for hand-off to Center Admission Director and initiation of patient medical record.
12. Monitors referral until closure. Updates outcome real-time.
13. Supports Clinical Admissions Directors by monitoring incoming requests, managing patient flow, proactively managing hospital relationships on a daily basis.
14. Demonstrates highest quality customer service and maintains a positive working relationship with all referral sources/customers, Genesis Centers and Service entities.
15. Provides 24/7 coverage of the line via on call duty as part of a rotation with other CareLine personnel.
16. Reverts to downtime procedure when system not available.
17. Represents Genesis in a professional manner at all times.
18. Performs other related duties as assigned
SPECIFIC EDUCATIONAL/VOCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: 1. An Associate's Degree in healthcare administration, business administration or computer services is preferred. A Bachelor's Degree in healthcare administration, business administration or computer science is preferred. 2. Or, three years experience in an office or customer service or healthcare registration / intake/admission position required. Call Center experience preferred.
For more information or questions on how to apply contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
EEO/AA, M/F, Vet, Disabled