CARE TRANSITION NAVIGATOR
CARE TRANSITION NAVIGATOR
Facility - Methodist Dallas Medical Center
Department - Care Management
Schedule - Full-time
Shift - Day
Hours - 8:30-5:00
The Care Transitions Navigator will coordinate activities that promote quality outcomes, patient throughput and discharge planning while supporting a balance of optimal care and appropriate resource utilization. The Care Transitions Navigator will identify potential barriers to patient throughput and quality outcomes minimizing delays in discharge plans.
- Bachelor's degree in Social Work, Master's degree in Social Work
- Registered Nurse with BSN preferred
- 1 year of experience in health related setting
- Hospital case management experience preferred
- Communicate clearly and openly
- Build relationships to promote a collaborative environment
- Be accountable for your performance
- Always look for ways to improve the patient experience
- Take initiative for your professional growth
- Be engaged and eager to build a winning team
One of the best places to work in North Texas just keeps getting better. Methodist Dallas Medical Center is home to the new Charles A. Sammons Tower, dedicated to emergency, trauma, and critical care. Our Level 1 Trauma Center, one of only three in Dallas County, features a rapid CT scanner for trauma and emergency imaging. We offer an advanced primary stroke center and a transplant center for adult liver, kidney, and pancreas transplants. Founded in 1927, Methodist Dallas is Methodist Health System's largest hospital, with 585 private rooms. It is one of the leading teaching and referral hospitals in Texas, and it offers an exciting, demanding, and fulfilling career for professionals, where you can work with complex, high-acuity cases. Other expertise includes:
- The nation's first hospital certified by The Joint Commission for pancreatic surgery and the first in Texas certified for pancreatic cancer treatment.
- Hip and knee joint replacement programs, certified by The Joint Commission.
- American College of Cardiology (ACC) Foundation NCDR ACTION Registry®-GWTG™ Platinum Performance Achievement Award for excellence in heart attack care.
Methodist Health System believes its greatest asset is the team members in our organization that values and encourages diversity and inclusion in all aspects of our organization. These are our guiding principles:
To improve and save lives through compassionate quality health care.
Vision for the Future
To be the trusted provider of integrated quality health care in North Texas.
Methodist Health System core values reflect our historic commitment to Christian concepts of life and learning:
Servant Heart - compassionately putting others first
Hospitality - offering a welcoming and caring environment
Innovation - courageous creativity and commitment to quality
Noble - unwavering honesty and integrity
Enthusiasm - celebration of individual and team accomplishment
Skillful - dedicated to learning and excellence
We know that employees who are happy, healthy, and fulfilled take better care of patients. We also know that caring for our employees as individuals makes us a better organization. Our benefits include:
- Medical plan choices
- Pharmacy coverage
- Dental and vision plans
- AD&D insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Paid time off
- Extended illness benefits
- Wellness program
- Weight management, tobacco cessation, and prenatal programs
- Basic and volunteer life insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Retirement plans with matched contributions
- Leave of absence
- Tuition reimbursement
- Adoption assistance
- Employee discounts
- And more.