Correctional RN (Registered Nurse)
We are seeking a Corrections RN to join our team! You will be responsible for the assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of assigned patients.
Employees in this classification perform responsible professional nursing care at a unit of the Texas Department of Criminal Justice. Responsible for the care and treatment of patients in accordance with accepted nursing and medical standards administrative nursing personnel. Supervises other subordinate clinic personnel. Work is performed under correctional clinic conditions; position requires a high degree of contact with patients, other clinic personnel and outside professionals.
- Communicates patient data using EMR
- Assists with or performs exams and procedures and documents in EMR
- Prepares and operates necessary equipment and instruments for examinations, treatments, and procedures
- Administer or assist with administration of medications
- Makes daily assignments as appropriate and assures all daily assignments are accomplished
- Assist and cross train in CID process.
- Maintains working knowledge of current issues and treatment modalities
- Supports the goal of the Units by attending meetings and sharing the information with the staff in regular staff meetings
- Answer and schedules SCR ad NSCs when received and chain-ins.
- Minimum of one year experience in nursing or other medical fields
- Familiarity with medical software and equipment
- Ability to build rapport with patients
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Monday, Thursday, Friday- 9:30 am-6:00 pm
- Saturday/Sunday: 6:00 am-6:00 pm
Snelling Staffing full-service workforce solutions provider serving temporary, contract, temp-to-hire and direct-hire staffing needs. We specialize in helping talented candidates navigate the world of work. It is through that "match" that we help individuals and organizations achieve more than ever before.
Snelling will take time to personally interview you in order to understand your personality and needs. We understand that people thrive in supportive, motivating and challenging work environments. Let us be your partner in finding the right opportunity. With our 65 years of recruiting experience, Snelling is dedicated to providing the direction and resources that you need to succeed. Our team is here to help guide you through the process of finding your next right-fit job opportunity.