Summer Camp - Medical Staff
Private coed nonsectarian camp for children age 6-16. Free tuition for your kids! 8 and 4-week positions for RNs, LPNs, EMTs, MDs. Positions beginning June 15 - August 18.
* Camp Cayuga is a private coed nonsectarian sleepaway camp located in the beautiful Pocono Mountains of northeast Pennsylvania.
* Cayuga caters to normal average children ages 6 to 16.
* ACA accredited.
* The staff/camper ratio is better than 1 to 4.
* Same family ownership since 1963.
* Our success is directly related to the quality of our staff, who are dedicated to providing a safe, fun and nurturing environment for our campers.
14+ MEDICAL STAFF POSITIONS:
* We are seeking 14+ licensed professionals who are suitably qualified to monitor and care for the health and well-being of our campers and staff members.
* In the past, our medical staff have included RNs, NPs, PAs, LPNs, EMTs, MDs, and nursing students, all of whom had experience with children and young adults in the areas of health and medical emergencies.
* Our staff respond to campers with sensitivity, and have the ability to enjoy working with them daily.
* 8-week and 4-week positions available.
MEDICAL STAFF RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Provide medical, health, educational, and professional guidance to both campers and the camp staff;
* Maintain a healthy camp population by promoting and stressing good health habits;
* Prevent incidence and spread of disease;
* Alleviate accidents by promoting and enforcing the camp's safety and health policies;
* Provide an active presence in the camp community and interact with campers;
* Supervise sanitation and safety practices throughout the camp;
* Prepare quality reports and maintain accurate records of all injuries, illnesses, medications administered, and treatments rendered;
* 'Sick Call' takes place after each meal and again at bedtime.
* Assist in the 24-hour supervision of the Health Center;
* Work together as a team with the other nurses (typically a team of 8);
* Possess a good sense of humor, and the ability to laugh!
THE HEALTH CENTER:
* One Health Center on each campus (Junior Campus and Teen Campus);
* Private bedroom with private bathroom for each medical staff member.
* The Health Centers are staffed with a total of 8 nurses and 2 assistants;
* Staffed 24 hours a day;
* Equipped to provide first-aid and minor treatment;
* Modern & comfortable, featuring a treatment room, isolation room, separate sleeping quarters (with private bathrooms) for boys and girls, and a kitchenette.
* To see a complete list of all facilities, refer to the Facility List on our website.
* Meet children and high-caliber staff members from around the world!
* Room, board, and laundry services are included.
* Good salary and travel allowance are provided.
* Nights-off and days-off are scheduled throughout the summer.
* Both infirmaries feature internet access.
* Camp tuition credit is applied to children of senior staff members.
* Accept challenging responsibilities this summer and gain valuable lifetime rewards!
* Camp Cayuga is a fun place to spend your summer!
* To read comments by parents and staff members, click here.
* To learn about employment, see the Jobs Section on our website (www.campcayuga.com) for instructions.
* Complete the Camp Cayuga online employment application.
* For more information, please contact the Cayuga Business Office at PO Box 151, Peapack, New Jersey 07977. Telephone: (908) 470-1224. Fax: (908) 470-1228. Email: email@example.com.