Registered Nurse Care Manager, Primary Care Clinics
The Louis Stokes Cleveland Veterans Affairs Medical Center is recruiting for a Registered Nurse Care Manager. The Registered Nurse Care Manager will function in thePrimary Care Clinicswithin Nursing Service. The Registered Nurse Care Manager duties include:
- Assesses, plans, implements and evaluates care based on age-specific components.
- Assumes responsibility for the coordination of care focused on patient transition through the continuum of care, patient and family education, patient self-management after discharge and supporting factors that impact customer satisfaction.
- Administers medications and procedures per established policies and guidelines.
- Influences care outcomes by collaborating with members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Capable of working effectively in stressful situations and able to shift priorities based on patient needs.
Work Schedule: Mondayto Friday, Day shift (8:30 am to 5:00pm ). Flexibility required for extended clinic hours.
Relocation Expenses: Relocation expenses are not authorized for this position.
In order to qualify for this position you must meet the following requirements:
- Citizen of the United States.
- Graduate of a school of professional nursing approved by the appropriate State-accrediting agency and accredited by ofthe following accrediting bodies at the time the program was completed by the applicant: The National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC) or The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). In cases of graduates of foreign schools of professional nursing, possession of current, full and unrestricted registration will meet the requirements of graduation from an approved school of professional nursing.
- Current, full, active, and unrestricted registration as a graduate professional nurse in any State, Territory, or Commonwealth (i.e., Puerto Rico) of the United States, or the District of Columbia. In cases of graduates of foreign schools of professional nursing, possession of current, full, active, and unrestricted registration will meet the requirement of graduation from an approved school of professional nursing.
- Nurse I Level I - An Associate Degree (ADN) or Diploma in Nursing, with additionalnursing practice/experience required.
- Nurse I Level II - An ADN or Diploma in Nursing and approximately 1 year of nursing practice/experience,OR an ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a bachelor's degree in a related fieldwithno additional nursing practice/experience;OR a Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BSN)withno additional nursing practice/experience.
- Nurse I Level III - An ADN or Diploma in Nursing and approximately 2-3 years of nursing practice/experience,OR an ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a Bachelor's degree in a related field and approximately 1-2 years of nursing practice/experience;OR a BSN with approximately 1-2 years of nursing practice/experience,OR a Master's degree in nursing (MSN) or related field with a BSN and no additional nursing practice/experience.
- Nurse II - A BSN with approximately 2-3 years of nursing practice/experience,OR ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a Bachelor's degree in a related field and approximately 2-3 years of nursing practice/experienceOR a Master's degree in Nursing or related field with a BSN and approximately 1-2 years ofnursing practice/experience,OR a Doctoral degree in nursing or meets basic requirements for appointment and has doctoral degree in a related field with no additional nursing practice/experience required.
- Nurse III - Master's degree in nursing or related field with BSN and approximately 2-3 years of nursing practice/experience;OR aDoctoral degree in Nursing or related field and approximately 2-3 years of nursing practice/experience.
- Minimum 3 years RN experience
- BSN required.
- Outpatient experience preferred
In describing your experience, please be clear and specific. We will not make assumptions regarding your experience.
Reference: VA Regulations, specifically, VA Handbook 5005/27, Part II, Appendix G-6 Nurse Qualification Standards. This can be found in the local Human Resources Office.Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Physical Requirements: Applicant must possess the ability to do the following: heavy lifting and carrying, 45 pounds and over; pulling, pushing and reaching above the shoulder; walking, standing, kneeling and repeated bending.
Please use this Checklist to ensure you have included other documents required for your application, such as a copy of your transcript (if using education to qualify), documentation to support Veterans Preference claims, or ICTAP/CTAP documentation (for displaced Federal employees). You will not be contacted for additional information.
The following documents are required:
- CV or Resume (when listing previous employment please include month and year).
- Responses to the Occupational Questionnaire.
- If prior military service, include all copies of your DD-214 or proof of service as well as proof of disability, if applicable.
Faxing Applications or Supporting Documents:
You are encouraged to apply online. Applying online will allow you to review and track the status of your application. If you are unable to apply online or unable to upload your supporting documents to your online application, follow the directions located at the following site: Fax Options. The Vacancy ID of the job opportunity announcement is 2016074
Note: If you applied online and your application is complete do not fax the paper application (1203-FX) as this will overwrite your prior online responses and may result in you being found ineligible.
Veterans' Preference: When applying for Federal Jobs, eligible Veterans should claim preference for 5pt (TP), or 10pt (CP/CPS, XPP, XP), or for Sole Survivor Preference (SSP), on the Occupational Questionnaire in the section(s) provided. A legible copy of your DD214(s) indicating character of service, disability certification, SF-15 (if claiming 10 pt. preference) or if you are currently serving on active duty and expected to be released or discharged within 120 days; documentation related to your active duty service which reflects the dates of service, character of service (honorable, general, etc.), or dates of impending separation. Documentation is required for eligibility verification.