Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
Most services are provided in schools and/or the community, and some are provided in the Boston offices. Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner works within the context of a multi-disciplinary team providing psycho-pharmacological treatment services to Wediko Boston Based clients. These services include psychiatric evaluations, psycho-pharmacological treatment, medication psycho-education, case documentation, discharge planning, and coordination of treatment with other care providers as appropriate. Collaboration with parents, guardians, school team members and other mental health clinicians will be key in this role.
- Provide psychiatric evaluation and psycho-pharmacological treatment.
- Communicate with primary and specialty medical care providers, as well as designated school personnel
- Coordinate care within the context of as highly specialized special education environment. This may include, but is not limited to: consultation with school teams and administrators, participation in team meetings as appropriate and coordination with school nursing staff
- Maintain open and effective communication with parents and guardians, including psychoeducation and response to medication-related crisis calls.
- Coordinates treatment with other involved parties as appropriate. Maintain updated clinical records of services and contacts with clients as specified by the policies and procedures of the clinic and by standards of regulatory and funding agencies.
- Completes or assists in the completion of relevant client-related documentations like disability determination applications, guardianship affidavits, etc.
- Participate in the clinic’s (Outpatient Group Practice) effort to meet Quality Improvement Plan (QIP) goals and other treatment initiatives.
- Ability to utilize HER system and e-prescribe features.
- Collaborates with the supervising physician on a scheduled and as needed basis
- A positive approach towards patient care
- Current licensure in Commonwealth of Massachusetts as a Registered Nurse in the advance practice role in psychiatric nursing.
- DEA and DPH licensure for prescriptive practice
- Experience helping adult individuals required
- Experience helping children and adolescents preferred.
- Excellent professional experience
- Bilingual( Spanish and English preferred)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to approach therapeutic challenges in a supportive and creative manner
- Ability to use supervision and to seek assistance from program administrators when needed
- Excellent organizational skills
- Flexible schedule and willingness to travel
- Eligible for successful credentialing through MHBP
Apply for Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly