- BSN degree preferred
- CPR certification required
- Current licensure as a RN in the Commonwealth of MA
- Drivers license required
- Previous experience required
MetroWest HomeCare & Hospice
Touching lives…every day
MetroWest HomeCare & Hospice, a division of MetroWest Medical Center and affiliated with St. Vincent Hospital, is the leading choice for home healthcare in 63 communities in MetroWest and Central Massachusetts. Having been awarded HomeCare Elite for three years running, we take pride in the services we provide for our patients. This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic and growth oriented team that strives for the best, always.
HOURS: Part time or full time, 24-40 hours/week
1. Current license to practice as Registered Nurse inMassachusetts
2. Certification as a WOCN required
3. Two to three years experience as an RN, preferably in HomeCare
4. Ability to teach and role model for colleagues
5. Demonstrated organizational skills, self directed and independent in fulfilling role obligation
6. Highly developed interpersonal skills to counsel patients dealing with sensitive physical, psychological and social issues as a result of severe illness or surgery
7. Possess and maintain current CPR certification
Under minimal supervision, provide acute, consultant and rehabilitative care for patients with gastrointestinal and genitourinary disorders and integumentary problems; provide direct care to patients with abdominal stomas, wounds, fistulas, drains, pressure sores and incontinence. Serve as point of contact to all clinical staff for wound care problems with timely response. Serve as resource, providing input and education to clinical staff as appropriate. Develop and implement educational programs for staff, the community and other internal or external groups. Pursue personal educational opportunities to maintain competency and certification.
1. Provide patient care in the management of incontinence, wounds, colostomies, ileostomies or ileal conduits under established procedures and guidelines. Provide post-operative counseling to facilitate patients’ physical and psychosocial adaptations to any lifestyle changes.
2. Assists other agency professionals in devising appropriate management modalities, methods of staging pressure sores, and selecting appropriate products; revises patient modalities when warranted.
3. Completes, maintains and submits accurate and relevant OASIS assessments and clinical documentation regarding patients/client’s condition and care provided.
4. Educate the patient/client and family/caregiver self-care techniques as appropriate, diet and other instructions as ordered by the physician; and recognize and utilize opportunities for health counseling with patients/clients and family/caregivers.
5. Assume responsibility for personal growth and development; maintain and upgrade professional knowledge and practice skills through attendance and participation in continuing education and in-service classes, team meetings, town meetings and trainings.
6. Implement and develop program education for standardization of wound, ostomy, and incontinence care for agency staff.
7. Function as a case manager for assigned patients.
8. Acts as a resource consultant regarding advanced wound/ostomy techniques to staff, patients and family members/caregivers.
9. All other responsibilities as assigned.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Office environment, constant use of computer and telephone, field visits for patient care, consultation and teaching as required.
MetroWest Medical Center offers a competitive rate of pay and a comprehensive benefits package.
Please visit our website for additional information athttp://www.mwmc.com/. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value diversity in our workplace.