Has knowledge of discharge planning process to accept and refer patients appropriate for skilled home care/infusion services. Under supervision, formulates and implements a Home Care Plan in conjunction with the physician, patient, patient’s family and discharge planner.
1. Responds to referrals in a timely manner and evaluates patients for appropriateness of skilled home care services.
2. On an ongoing basis, plans for the skilled home care needs of patient in a timely manner to ensure patient’s expeditious movement to the appropriate level of care.
3. Implements a comprehensive home care plan based on the in-depth assessment of the patient’s needs, including coordination of activities with family, informal supports and other community resources.
4. Maintains working knowledge of third-party reimbursement guidelines and regulation standards.
5. Functions as liaison between North Shore-Long Island Jewish Home Care Network and the facility by acting as a home care service resource person.
6. Performs job functions in a fiscally responsible manner consistent with the Network’s mission and vision.
7. Assists with orienting new nursing personnel to department policies, procedures and practices.
8. Performs related duties, as required.
*ADA Essential Functions
Licensed as a Registered Nurse in New York State. BSN preferred.
Minimum 1 year community health experience and dischange planning experience required.
Infusion experience required.