Medical Assistant ICC - Schaumburg ICC - 14-0843
Category: Immediate Care Centers
Department: 19811 - Schaumburg ICC
Status: Full time
Schedule: Day/PM, every other weekendDescription: Reporting to the Director or other designated manager, serves as primary assistant to the medical provider by performing routine clinical tasks under Physician(MD), Midlevel Practitioner (MLP), and/or Registered Nursing (RN) supervision; provides direct patient care completing multiple clinical tasks that are not governed by licensure. Performs Point of Care testing, Occupational Health Services (OHS) testing, supports lab site patient services, and phlebotomy. Performs routine clerical duties, stocking, and cleaning functions as required. Provides a safe and therapeutic patient environment that maintains patient’s respect, dignity and confidentiality of health information. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills to complete routine clinical tasks involving all age groups of patients under the supervision of a licensed MD/MLP/RN.
1. Requires a certificate of completion from an accredited Medical Assistant Program or EMT certification.
2. Certification as a Medical Assistant preferred.
3. Working knowledge of and experience with the use of medical equipment and materials.
4. Current CPR certification.
5. Valid Illinois Drivers license and access to an automobile.