RN Staff Nurse - Emergency Department Critical Access (per-diem) Job
Date:Aug 27, 2014
Location:Florence, OR, US
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 800 physicians and providers, a comprehensive laboratory system, and nine medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues to serve communities when invited to do so with a spirit of collaboration and stewardship. This is The Spirit of Healing—The Spirit of PeaceHealth.
Provides professional nursing direct patient care in compliance with professional practice and unit standards. Promotes a collaborative, interdisciplinary approach towards patients, families and all members of the care delivery team.
1. Assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care needs.
2. Documents patient care in the healthcare record according to established standards.
3. Directs and delegates care to other team members in accordance with their education, credentials, and demonstrated competence.
4. Ensures own professional effectiveness through education and professional development.
5. Participates in the development of and maintains established hospital policies, procedures and objectives, quality improvement, safety, environmental and infection prevention program.
6. Performs other duties as assigned.
Two years of recent Emergency nursing experience preferred.
Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state of Oregon.
PALS certification required at date of hire.
TNCC required within one year of date of hire.
Demonstrated ability to promote positive interpersonal relationships and patient/family centered work environment
Location: Florence, OR
Posting Notes: Florence, OR || Nursing - RN Patient Care || Per Diem/Relief || EMERGENCY SVCS