PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 800 physicians and providers, a comprehensive laboratory system, and nine medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues to serve communities when invited to do so with a spirit of collaboration and stewardship. This is The Spirit of Healing—The Spirit of PeaceHealth.
Department:Psychiatry PPS (3960)
PeaceHealth has an exciting opportunity to join the Behavioral Health Inpatient Unit as a RN Admissions Coordinator/Utilization Review.
This is a 20 hr/wk, day shift position.
This position is responsible for identifying potential behavioral health inpatient unit candidates, pre-screening referrals and preparing patients for admission to Behavioral Health Inpatient Unit, including patient consultation.
1. Coordinates admissions; communicates and prioritizes, and provides for patient privacy; exercises discretion and assures confidentiality at all times.
2. Assesses patient referrals to determine that patient meets all admission criteria.
3. Collaborates with physicians, referral sources, and other staff to monitor issues and status; establishes timing of admissions.
4. Coordinates the admission process with patients, families, referring facilities, physicians, emergency departments’ crisis workers, public safety officers, outside agencies and Behavioral Health Inpatient Unit staff.
5. Provides documentation of medical necessity and obtains authorization for treatment regarding acute inpatient psychiatric benefits.
6. Identifies patients in need of financial assistance and refers to the appropriate programs.
7. Performs data collection and statistical compilation and analysis of data bases relative to quality assurance and effectiveness of programs.
8. Provides professional psychiatric nursing presence and oversight based on unit needs.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
• Graduate of an accredited State Board of Nursing approved nursing program required.
• Bachelor's degree in mental health field, health sciences, nursing or health service field required.
• Current RN licensure in state of practice required
• Qualified Mental Health Professional (QMHP) certification required within 4 months of hire.
• Eeligible for Medicaid credenitialing and ANCC Psychiatric and Mental Health Professional certification preferred.
• Must have strong psychiatric nursing background and previous admission coordination experience.
• Knowledge of insurance industry (third party payers and state and federal financial assistance programs) and problem solving skills are required.
• Proficiency with computers, statistical compilation and analysis of data bases relative to quality assurance and effectiveness of programs instituted is very helpful.
• Must possess strong medical and psychiatric assessment, problem solving and prioritization skills and working knowledge of DSM 5 Revised.
• Ability to understand and apply inpatient acute psychiatric benefits in the acute inpatient setting.
• Excellent interpersonal skills required; must be professional in working closely with all customers such as referral sources, physicians, insurance companies, staff, patients and families.
• Must have good organization skills and demonstrated ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
• Ability to take direction from multiple sources and manage competing demands effectively.
• Requires excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate with people who have disabling conditions and/or who have cultural differences.
• Computer experience and knowledge of MS Office essential
Location:SHMC at University District (422)
Job Category: Nursing - RN Other; Nursing - RN Patient Care
Shift Length:8 Hours
Work Type: Part Time
Salary range starts at: $34.52
Required Certifications/Licensure:Registered Nurse - Oregon
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed within this job class. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Eugene, OR||Nursing - RN Other; Nursing - RN Patient Care||Part Time||BEHAVIORAL HLTH SVCS