PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 800 physicians and providers, a comprehensive laboratory system, and nine medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues to serve communities when invited to do so with a spirit of collaboration and stewardship. This is The Spirit of Healing—The Spirit of PeaceHealth.
Department:Emergency RB (3200)
This position is responsible for performing direct patient care activities within his/her scope of practice under the direction of Physician in the Emergency Department. They will assist the nursing staff in providing high quality and compassionate care for patients to promote a collaborative, interdisciplinary approach towards patients, families and all member of the care delivery team.
1. Participate in patient care in collaboration with and supervised by RN: which may include vital signs; IV starts; blood draws; document on flow sheet; communicate with patient and family; set-up and assist with procedures; clean and dress wounds; splinting; assist with airway management; initiate cardiac monitoring; may perform emergency defibrillation; point of care testing; patient transport; patient discharge.
2. Performs basic patient observation skills and reports significant changes in patient condition to the appropriate team member. Observation of secluded or restrained patients.
3. Maintain unit supplies by stocking patient rooms and supply areas to meet patient care needs. Assist in keeping patient care areas and equipment clean. Room set-up.
4. Performs clerical and communication functions to support departmental operations and patient care.
5. Order entry and results retrieval in the computer system.
6. Document patient care in health care record according to standards.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Graduate of EMT-Intermediate or EMT-Paramedic certification course required.
• Experience in the pre-hospital or emergency department setting preferred. Successful completion of ED orientation/training and standard competencies.
• Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
• Current state EMT-Intermediate (EMT—I) or EMT-Paramedic (EMT-P) certification required.
• Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at time of hire.
• ACLS certification required within 6 months of hire.
• Completion of ED specific competency based education
• IV Skills
• Strong communication skills
• Sufficient knowledge of English, spelling and arithmetic to complete and compile reports, make out requisitions, maintain simple records and perform various clerical duties
• Proficient computer/keyboarding skills including MS Office applications
Location:SHMC at Riverbend (420)
Job Category: Other Technicians & Technologists
Work Type: Per Diem/Relief
Salary range starts at: $15.79
Required Certifications/Licensure: Advanced Cardiac Life Support; Basic Life Support; Emergency Medical Tech I - Oregon
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed within this job class. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Springfield, OR || Other Technicians & Technologists || Per Diem/Relief || EMERGENCY SVCS