WellCare Health Plans, Inc. provides managed care services targeted to government-sponsored health care programs, focusing on Medicaid and Medicare. Headquartered in Tampa, Fla., WellCare offers a variety of health plans for families, children, and the aged, blind and disabled, as well as prescription drug plans. The company serves approximately 3.3 million members nationwide as of January 1, 2014. The company employs more than 5,100 nationwide. For more information about WellCare, please visit the company's website at www.wellcare.com. A Fortune 500 company traded on the New York Stock Exchange (symbol: WCG).
EOE: All qualified applicants shall receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age forty (40) and over, disability, veteran status, or national origin.
Provides the Health Services Utilization Management department with future assessment, facilitation, teaching, monitoring educational programs and performance improvement. Provides guidance to other trainers.
TRAVEL: Approx. 50% of the time within the state of GA.
- Trains, facilitates and assesses training programs for the Health Services Utilization Management department and clinical programs for corporate, onsite nurses and staff in remote settings..
- Leads in the assessment, implementation and evaluation of instructional materials including training manuals, teaching aids, self-paced study and performance evaluation tools, in conjunction with the training department.
- Conducts research for needs assessments and provides written complete detailed recommendations to Training Director of Health Services.
- Mentors group dynamics to preceptors through the use of "learner focused" environment and adult accelerated learning methods.
- Develops and conducts audits to identify training needs and opportunities for performance improvement for health services utilization management department.
- Reviews all programs assigned and continuously ensure they meet the rigorous standards that are set forth by WellCare health services department.
- Reviews and produces professional literature using guidelines set forth by Florida Board of Nursing to act as a resident adviosr for accredited curriculum for CEBroker.
- Revises existing training materials and programs based on audit results, questionnaires, changing procedures and feedback from internal/ external customers, subject matter experts, program sponsors and trainers.
- Oversees the enrollment of students, assemble necessary program materials, decoration/setup of classroom, shopping for supplies, catering and other functions to enhance the training process.
- Assists Health Services Training Director with tasks as required.
- Assess the "job fit" of students during training and immediately report non-progress directly to Training Director of Health Services.
- Receives broadd guidance and delegated authority from HS Dir, Training.
- Performs special projects as needed.
- Registered Nurse. BSN or higher preferred.
- Formal training in adult learning principles preferred (college level classes, or advanced certification training.)
- 5 year's clinical practice in a hospital, clinic or other provider setting.
- 2 years in managed care or case management role.
- Experience with Government Programs, Medicare and Medicaid preferred.
- 3+ years’ experience making presentations to groups of 5 or more.
- Prefer direct training experience with member services, claims, customer service, call center and/or health management organization.
- Experience in the following areas/competencies is advantageous: Claims / Member Services / Health Services / Call Center / Sales / Provider Relations Training and development / Corporate University/ HMO, managed healthcare or Insurance professional/ Curriculum development specialist/ Team leader for groups of 25 or more/ Online training / Computer based learning professional/ Public speaker / seminar leader.
- GA state Registered Nurse, is required; no restrictions.
Special Skills (e.g. 2nd language):
- Strong communication skills; both verbal and written
- Strong ability to work independently with little direction
- Ability to solicit creative ways to improve upon curriculum materials and programs.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to learn company approved software and other industry software in order to perform job duties.