PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 800 physicians and providers, a comprehensive laboratory system, and nine medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues to serve communities when invited to do so with a spirit of collaboration and stewardship. This is The Spirit of Healing—The Spirit of PeaceHealth.
Department:Kitchen PHSW Medical Center (9090)
This position is responsible for working collaboratively with the manager/supervisor, patients, dietitians and nursing staff to ensure diet accuracy for daily assembly and review of patient menu.
1. Process all diet orders (including tube feeding) received from nursing services in preparation for production, including entry of charges. May coordinate all food production information for kitchen staff.
2. Approve patient food request based on diet order and food availability. Determine needs of between meal nourishment and orders as needed.
3. Distribute appropriate menus for patients to select from. Assist patient with menu selections as needed.
4. Use approved computer charting methods to communicate clarification of individual patient needs related to food and to ensure meal tray accuracy and prompt delivery.
5. Performs other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Advanced education with emphasis on nutrition preferred.
• Two years of related experience preferred. Understanding of diet types and food textures preferred.
• May require Food Handlers Card.
• May require BLS (Basic Life Support) certification.
• Ability to multi-task
• Must be able to read, write and communicate effectively in English.
• Proficient computer/keyboarding skills
• Ability to work well with others
• Strong customer service skills
• Proficient in mathematics
Location: Vancouver, WA
Job Category: Facilities/Food/Housekeeping
Work Type: Part Time
Salary range starts at:$11.86
Required Certifications/Licensure:Food Handlers Card - Washington
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed within this job class. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Vancouver, WA || Facilities/Food/Housekeeping || Part Time || CLINICAL SUPP SVCS