PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 800 physicians and providers, a comprehensive laboratory system, and nine medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues to serve communities when invited to do so with a spirit of collaboration and stewardship. This is The Spirit of Healing—The Spirit of PeaceHealth.
Department:Family Practice (PBE) (4000)
Coordinates and oversees the plan of care and service of selected patient populations across the continuum of illness, promote effective utilization and monitoring of health care resources, and assume a leadership role with the interdisciplinary team to achieve optimal clinical, financial, and satisfaction outcomes.
1. Assesses, develops, implements and monitors a comprehensive plan of care through an interdisciplinary team process in conjunction with the patient and family in internal and external settings.
2. Comprehensively assesses patients’ goals as well as their biophysical, psychosocial, environmental and discharge planning needs and financial status.
3. Communicates the utilization assessments needed to justify continued hospitalization and to obtain procedure for pre-certification.
4. Reviews all patient admission data within the designated time frames to determine the suitability of the level of care in accordance with hospital-sanctioned ISDA criteria and/or other established criteria for other settings across the continuum of care.
5. Performs other duties as assigned.
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
• Three years of clinical nursing experience in an acute care hospital
• Utilization management/quality management experience preferred.
• Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state in which nurse will be practicing
• Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required upon hire.
• ACLS may be required within six months of date of hire.
• Specialty Certification within two years of hire
• Basic knowledge of statistics
• Interpersonal skills to obtain and interpret information appropriate to patients’ needs and age as required for assessment range of treatment, and patient care.
• Skill and proficiency in applying highly technical principles, concepts, and techniques. Such proficiency is usually acquired through completion of a bachelor’s degree in nursing; any equivalent combination of education, training, and/or experience that fulfills the requirements of the position will be considered.
• Demonstrated ability to promote positive interpersonal relationships and patient/family centered work environment.
• Basic computer skills including MS Office applications
• Effective prioritization skills
Location: Florence, OR
Job Category: Nursing - RN Other
Work Type: Per Diem/Relief
Salary range starts at:$29.23
Required Certifications/Licensure:Basic Life Support; Registered Nurse - Oregon
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed within this job class. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Florence, OR || Nursing - RN Other || Per Diem/Relief || FAMILY PRACTICE SVCS