PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 800 physicians and providers, a comprehensive laboratory system, and nine medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues to serve communities when invited to do so with a spirit of collaboration and stewardship. This is The Spirit of Healing—The Spirit of PeaceHealth.
Department:Mother Baby Unit (2310)
PeaceHealth Southwest Washington Medical Center in Vancouver, Washington, is seeking experienced Labor & Delivery Nurses to join our caring and collaborative team in our 44 Suite Family Birth Center. A minimum of one year Labor & Delivery nursing experience is required within the last two years, as well as a healthcare provider BLS.
Provides professional nursing direct patient care in compliance with professional practice and unit standards. Promotes a collaborative, interdisciplinary approach towards patients, families and all members of the care delivery team.
1. Assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care needs.
2. Documents patient care in the healthcare record according to established standards.
3. Directs and delegates care to other team members in accordance with their education, credentials, and demonstrated competence.
4. Ensures own professional effectiveness through education and professional development.
5. Participates in the development of and maintains established hospital policies, procedures and objectives, quality improvement, safety, environmental and infection prevention program.
6. Performs other duties as assigned.
• Graduate of an accredited school/college of nursing. Must have completed (within last two years), or ability to complete within three months of hire, a formal fetal monitoring education program for labor and delivery area.
• This position may be for a specific business line that may require special skills, knowledge and/or experience as specified in the job posting: One year acute care nursing experience for mother/baby area. One year labor and delivery nursing experience within last two years for labor and delivery area. Six months nursing experience providing lactation education and practice for postpartum lactation area. (May have equivalent combination of education and/or experience for all of the above areas.)
WA State RN Licensure with Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers. Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) within 12 months of hire.
OTHER SKILLS PREFERRED:
BSN. Six months mother/baby nursing experience. Two years labor and delivery nursing experience. Advanced Life Support in Obstetrics (ALSO). Electronic Fetal Monitoring Certification (C-EFM) from National Certification Corporation (NCC). International Board Certification for Lactation Consultants (IBCLC).
Location: Vancouver, WA
Job Category: Nursing - RN Patient Care
Shift Length:12 Hours
Work Type: Part Time
Salary range starts at:$32.73
Required Certifications/Licensure:Basic Life Support; Neonatal Resuscitation Program; Registered Nurse - Washington
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed within this job class. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Vancouver, WA || Nursing - RN Patient Care || Part Time || ROUTINE NURSING SVCS