PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 800 physicians and providers, a comprehensive laboratory system, and nine medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues to serve communities when invited to do so with a spirit of collaboration and stewardship. This is The Spirit of Healing—The Spirit of PeaceHealth.
Department:Home Health (6000)
PeaceHealth has an exciting opportunity to join our Home Health team as a per diem Day shift Visiting Nurse!
The RN Visiting Nurse for Home Health is responsible for working collaboratively with the Case Manager RN to provide direct skilled nursing care of patients admitted to home care services. Utilizes the nursing process of assessment, problem identification/intervention implementation to achieve goal outcomes.
- Works collaboratively with the case managing RN/multi-disciplinary team following the POC while supporting the identified skilled needs of the patient.
- Revise/update the POC as assessment findings are identified through collaboration with the MD/patient/caregiver/case manager.
- Ensure that all documentation of specific care and/or care coordination meets regulatory compliance and time frames. This includes, but is not limited to: HHA Supervision/POC update; weekly wound measurement; IC and/or Fall notes completed; delegations; etc.
- Identify/communicate achievement of goals to the case manager for completion of the discharge OASIS.Complete OASIS visits, when assigned, at the various point in time that demonstrate the initial and on-going skilled needs of the patient.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. BSN preferred.
- A minimum of one to two years experience in an acute care setting required.
- Previous home health experience preferred or willing and able to develop home health care knowledge and skills in this position.
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patients needs.
- Current Registered Nurse license in the state in which nurse will be practicing.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) required.
- Valid drivers license (OR, WA or AK as applicable) and proof of auto insurance required.
- Basic computer skills including MS Office applications.Well organized, flexible and able to function independently.
- Cooperative working skills, leadership skills, and interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with a wide variety of patients, families and staff.
Location:Home Health (406)
Job Category: Nursing - RN Other; Nursing - RN Patient Care
Shift Length:8 Hours
Work Type: Per Diem/Relief
Salary range starts at: $32.35
Required Certifications/Licensure: Basic Life Support; Registered Nurse - Oregon
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed within this job class. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Eugene, OR || Nursing - RN Other; Nursing - RN Patient Care || Per Diem/Relief || CARE CONTINUUM SVCS