Hospital Scheduler Senior Job
Date:Aug 22, 2014
Location:Springfield, OR, US
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 800 physicians and providers, a comprehensive laboratory system, and nine medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues to serve communities when invited to do so with a spirit of collaboration and stewardship. This is The Spirit of Healing—The Spirit of PeaceHealth.
Department:Surgery Administration RB (7081)
This position is responsible scheduling surgical procedures and/or procedures for multiple departments (e.g. Surgery, Imaging, Respiratory Therapy, GI, etc.) and preparing charts to ensure operational efficiency; facilitating physicians work schedules and daily staffing assignments for nurses and technologists within department as applicable; interfacing with nursing units, physician’s offices and other hospitals; facilitating the efficient and smooth operation of the department by completing support activities as assigned.
1. Collects information related to scheduling procedures, efficiently and effectively enters case into various scheduling systems and coordinates the procedure time.
2. Creates and maintains daily schedule by arranging cases to ensure maximum effectiveness of physician and assistants by completing edits in a timely manner. Identifies potential resource conflicts and works with leadership to resolve.
3. Monitors cancellation of procedures and manages information into database.
4. May coordinate with PFS to inform patient of financial responsibility, including prior authorization of procedures.
5. May be responsible for gathering documentation and assembling patient surgical/procedural charts using standard configuration methodology.
6. Performs computer data entry into multiple computer-based applications and successfully retrieves patient documents. Communicate effectively with physician offices to ensure accurate scheduling and retrieval of chart documents.
5. Coordinates scheduling of resources and equipment to ensure both caregivers and equipment are in place for surgeries and/or procedures to maximize efficiencies in the providers schedules and streamline of patient flow.
6. Central point of communication for community referring physicians’ offices, system patient financial services, and internal customers utilizing their services . Receives all incoming phone calls related to all aspects of scheduling and coordinating of patients and resources. Interface with nursing units, physicians, community offices and other medical facilities to coordinate appointments and secure resources necessary for patient care on the date of service.
7. Supports patients and families in understanding the course of pre-operative preparations and testing.
8. Coordinates patient flow through the department.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
High School Graduate or equivalent required.
Minimum of two years of general office/secretarial experience is preferred.
Experience in PICIS and Centricity preferred.
** This is a per diem position. **
Good communication skills both oral and written.
Location: Springfield, OR
Posting Notes: Springfield, OR || Administrative || Per Diem/Relief || HOSPITAL ADMIN