PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 800 physicians and providers, a comprehensive laboratory system, and nine medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues to serve communities when invited to do so with a spirit of collaboration and stewardship. This is The Spirit of Healing—The Spirit of PeaceHealth.
Department:Regional Infusion Center (6110)
PeaceHealth has an exciting opportunity for a RN Staff Nurse to join the Regional Infusion Center at University District. This is a 24 hr/wk, day shift position.
The RN Staff Nurse will assist the Charge Nurse in providing and coordinating unit activities to assure compassionate patient care. Provides direct patient care in compliance with professional practice and unit standards. The RN Staff Nurse will also promote a collaborative, interdisciplinary approach towards patients, families and all members of the care delivery team.
Major responsibilities included but not limited to:
- Asses, plan, implement and evaluate patient care needs.
- Documents patient care in the health care record according to standards.
- Participates in process improvement activities.
- Ensures own professional effectiveness through education and professional development.
- Directs and delegates care to other team members.
- The job may have additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited State Board of Nursing Approved program.
- BSN preferred.
- Specialty certification preferred.
- Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state of Oregon by date of hire.
- Chemo certification preferred.
- BLS required at date of hire.
- Oncology Nursing Society Chemotherapy/Biotherapy provier card required within 1 year of hire.
- Recent Chemotherapy experience required.
- 2 year experience in an acute care facility with previous IV therapy required OR successful completion of an approved IV training course/orientation and standard competencies within 6 months of hire required.
- Ability to establish peripheral IV sites and maintain, repair and troubleshoot venous access devices required.
Location:SHMC at University District (422)
Job Category: Nursing - RN Other; Nursing - RN Patient Care
Shift Length:8 Hours
Work Type: Part Time
Salary range starts at: $33.00
Required Certifications/Licensure:Basic Life Support; Registered Nurse - Oregon
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed within this job class. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Eugene, OR||Nursing - RN Other; Nursing - RN Patient Care||Part Time||CARE CONTINUUM SVCS