PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 800 physicians and providers, a comprehensive laboratory system, and nine medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues to serve communities when invited to do so with a spirit of collaboration and stewardship. This is The Spirit of Healing—The Spirit of PeaceHealth.
Department:Urgent Care (4150)
Continuously exemplifies the mission, values and customer service philosophy of PeaceHealth in job performance and in relationships to others. Under the clinical supervision of a physician and the assigned RN, the Medical Assistant assists with patient care delivery within the scope of his/her certification within PeaceHealth Medical Group.
1. Professionalism: Participates in the advancement of healthcare practice through continuing education, self-development and contributes to the professional growth and development of other clinical staff.
2. Responsibility: Demonstrates commitment to vocation and employer by dependability in reporting to duty as scheduled, punctuality in reporting on and off duty and compliance with the dress code.
3. Interpersonal Relationships and Communication: Demonstrates the ability to consistently maintain positive working relationships with other employees and clinicians and facilitates written and verbal communication through appropriate channels. Promotes a customer-focused environment at all times.
4. Clinical Knowledge Competence: Demonstrates proficiency in application of clinical knowledge as it applies to patient care activities in a clinic setting, and has the ability to carry out technical skills within the scope of licensure in a safe and efficient manner under the direction of the clinician.
5. Planning: Assists Clinician with planning patient care based on Clinician’s assessment.
6. Provides Patient Care: Demonstrates the ability to deliver safe and efficient patient care to all assigned patients.
7. Environment of Care: Promotes a safety-conscious work environment and maintains good housekeeping practices.
8. Demonstrates the ability to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate individual patient care appropriate to the age of patients served by demonstrating knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span.
9. Communicates appropriately with the person served regardless of their age.
10.Performs other duties as required or assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• 1 or more years clinical experience in a clinic setting is preferred.
• Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
State of Washington Medical Assistant – Certified credential required. Interim Certified credential accepted. Caregiver must obtain Medical Assistant- Certified (Non-Interim) credential within 12 months of date of issuance of interim credential by the State of Washington
• Effective prioritization skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks at one time is required.
• Effective communication skills with the ability to promote positive relationships and a customer-focused work environment is required.
• Ability to work within a self-directed team setting is required.
• State of Washington Medical Assistant –certified licensure required
• State of Washington Medical Assistant – Interim Certified credential accepted. Caregiver must obtain Medical Assistant- Certified (Non-Interim) credential within 12 months of date of issuance of interim credential by the State of Washington
Location: Vancouver, WA
Job Category: CNA/LPN/MA
Work Type: Per Diem/Relief
Salary range starts at: $14.35
Required Certifications/Licensure:Basic Life Support; Certified Medical Assistant - Washington
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed within this job class. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Vancouver, WA || CNA/LPN/MA || Per Diem/Relief || SPECIALTY SVCS