Date:Aug 21, 2014
Location:Lakewood, CO, US
St. Anthony Hospital is located in the western Denver suburb of Lakewood and is a Level I Trauma Center with four dedicated trauma rooms including the T-10 room, a dedicated field-to-surgery suite ready 24/7 for trauma surgeons and specially trained teams who provide life-saving care to the most severely ill and injured patients. St. Anthony proudly provides a full range of medical specialties and health care services to Denver and the surrounding region with a state-of-the-art medical campus. If you’re looking to be part of a fast-paced environment where you can practice to the top of your profession in trauma, cardiology, stroke, neurosciences, breast imaging, cancer/oncology care, surgery and more, we encourage you to apply. In addition to a new campus, supportive team and faith-based mission, we’re proud to be the recipient of numerous awards, certifications and accreditations from the American Heart Association; Chest Pain Center (CPC); American College of Cardiology; The Joint Commission’s National Quality Approval; Healthgrades (for Stroke, Critical Care and Prostate Surgery Excellence); the Emergency Nurses Association Lantern Award; NAPBC Accreditation; American College of Radiology and many others. For more information about St. Anthony Hospital, visithttp://www.stanthonyhosp.org/.
Performs direct observation of patient to maintain safety. Communicates patient status changes to the patient RN. May assist with Activities of Daily Living (ADL’s) basic care under the direction and supervision of RN.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
• Employee Health maintains records for job/department physical demands and working conditions
• See Employee Health for specific information
• High School Diploma or GED required
• Current student enrollment in healthcare program is preferred
• Healthcare experience and/or current student placement preferred
• Current BLS for Healthcare Provider Certification (must meet America Heart Association Guidelines)
Position Reports To:
• Acute Care Float Pool Manager
• Keeps patient in direct view at all times unless instructed by RN to leave for procedure/exams
• Ensures that work environment and patient rooms are neat and orderly to enhance unit and hospital image
• Assist licensed personnel with patient care needs as necessary and within their competency training
• Provides assistance with meals, bathing, and bathroom requirements, including ambulation, under the direction of the RN
• Accurately and in a timely manner, reports patient status changes and needs to RN
• Performs all duties in a conscientious, courteous and caring manner to maintain positive customer relations
• Refrains from use of personal technology (phone/laptop) that would distract from observation of the patient
• Monitors patient’s environment for sharp objects (pens, pencils, scissors, eating utensils)
• Notifies RN if suspicious interaction of patient and visitor are suspected
• States understanding of when and how to obtain additional assistance, including code green procedure
• Provides ADL’s (bathing, feeding, and assisting for bathroom) under the directive of the RN
*This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.