Additional Job Information
Title: Registered Nurse Lead NPHO - Clinic
City, State: Austin, TX
Location: Strictly Peds Medical Office Building
Department: SFC ALLERGY AND IMMUNOLOGY
Additional Job Details: FT Days
Seton Healthcare Family offers rewarding and diverse career opportunities, superior benefits and excellent options for personal growth. Seton is always looking for dedicated and skilled individuals willing to share their hearts with those we serve.
The Seton Healthcare Family, a member of Ascension Health, is the leading provider of healthcare services in Central Texas, serving an 11-county population of 1.8 million. The network includes five urban acute care hospitals, two rural hospitals, a mental health hospital, several strategically located health facilities that provide medical care for well patients and three primary care clinics for the uninsured. Four out of every ten overnight patients in the region receive their care at a Seton facility.
With more than 13,000 associates, Seton is the largest private employer in Central Texas and the only not-for-profit organization among the top 25 employers in the Austin area. In addition, Seton is home to four Magnet nursing facilities-University Medical Center Brackenridge, Dell Children's Medical Center of Central Texas, Seton Medical Center and Seton Northwest Hospital.
Austin is in the heart of the beautiful Texas hill country-only a few hours from Dallas, Houston and San Antonio. Enjoy a mild climate, affordable housing and no state income tax! Plus you'll have the chance to be part of a friendly city that offers something for everyone: lively nightlife, recreational activities, colleges & universities, lakes and family-oriented fun. Rich in history, cultural diversity, natural beauty and a vibrant blend of professions, Austin is a cosmopolitan city with a down-home feel. Whatever you like, Central Texas has something to offer.
Apply online attoday. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
CAREERS at Seton… Not just a living… It’s a way of life!
The Registered Nurse Lead NPHO - Clinic provides direct nursing care to patients of the assigned clinic/practice in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Implements and monitors patient care plans.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Acts as a resource for facilitating communication when necessary.
- Coordinates and supervises the assignments of routine tasks to selected members of the clinic staff in order to keep the clinic operational.
- Facilitates coordination of services with the non-medical clinic staff to obtain optimum patient flow and increased patient satisfaction.
- Assists in the development and/or delivery of orientation and/or education processes for patients and staff.
- Coordinates and delegates the timely processing of patient referrals necessary for the delivery of patient care.
- Utilizes the nursing process to facilitate appropriate nursing interventions during client triage.
- Participates in the evaluation of the effectiveness of interventions. Utilizing advanced clinical practice expertise, guides others in executing procedures and interventions.
- Assists others in evaluating interventions to achieve optimal patient outcomes.
- Participates in the evaluation of products, procedures and patient standards.
- Identifies Performance Improvement opportunities.
- Develops criteria that address performance improvement issues.
- Serves as a resource and positive proactive behavioral leader for the department.
- Assumes responsibility for clinical coordination of a multi-disciplinary team as a resource/mentor to others (health care team/community) in promoting continuity of care to patients and families.
- Participates in studies, evaluations, etc. that may result in product standardization and cost savings/control.
- Participates in research activities.
- Assists in the development of research-based patient care standards.
- Develops and/or implements teaching activities in response to patient care standards, policies, new equipment, etc. to improve patient care and customer satisfaction.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- May be required to be "on-call."
Education & Experience:
- Two (2) years of nursing practice is required, preferably in an office or clinic setting.
- Bachelor's of Nursing (BSN) is preferred.
Licenses & Certifications:
- Current Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers (BLS-HCP) course completion card from the American Heart Association is required prior to hire or job transfer date.
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) license to practice in the state of Texas is required or must be obtained prior to hire or job transfer date.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Seton Healthcare Family is an equal employment opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and complies with all applicable federal, state and local equal employment regulations and laws. It is the policy of the Seton Healthcare Family to afford equal employment opportunities to all employees and prospective employees without regard to their race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic or status that is protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all personnel actions, such as hiring, promotion, transfer, demotion, termination, layoff and all other conditions and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Affirmative Action goes beyond the concept of equal employment opportunity. Affirmative Action policies and programs are required to overcome the present effects of past discrimination and to achieve equal employment opportunity for members of groups that are or have been formerly under-represented. Affirmative Action policies and programs are tools whereby additional efforts are made to recruit, employ and promote qualified members of formerly excluded groups, even if that exclusion cannot be traced to particular discriminatory actions. Through specific and result-oriented activities, Seton Healthcare Family’s goals are to ensure that every person is given full consideration through equal employment opportunity policies and practices and to achieve a representative workforce through its affirmative action efforts.
It is further the policy of the Seton Healthcare Family to encourage vendors, contractors, affiliate institutions and others doing business with the Seton Healthcare Family to observe the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action.
Seton Healthcare Family is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster: