The Administrative Manager plans, directs and oversees all administrative operations, human resources, and/or clinical services. This position may oversee facilities planning, maintenance and custodial operations as well as responsibility of grants and contracts and capital budget.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Manages and coordinates activities of clerical, administrative and call center personnel of the department.
2. Analyzes internal processes and plans or implements procedural and policy changes to improve operations.
3. Recommends cost saving methods, such as supply changes and disposal of records to improve efficiency of department.
4. Prepares and reviews operational reports and schedules to ensure accuracy and efficiency.
5. Assists in the planning of budgetary needs by analyzing short and long-term program plans. Collaborates with department leadership to assure the completion of the annual budget and subsequent monitoring of financial status of the department, unit or division.
6. Interprets and administers personnel policies such as hiring, performance appraisals, training, staff disciplinary activity and salary recommendations. Ensures compliance with federal, state and local regulations regarding equal pay and equal employment.
7. Facilitates creation of training programs. Conducts training for staff to carry out departmental programs and services.
8. Facilitates implements quality assurance programs to meet standards and regulations of federal, state and city accrediting agencies.
9. Ensures standards and regulations of accrediting agencies such as Joint Commission on the Accreditation of Healthcare (JCAHO) and New York State and City Department of Health are met.
10. Chairs department committees and participates in hospital committees as assigned.
11. Performs other related duties.