REGISTERED NURSE - CARDIAC CATH LAB Job
Date:Sep 17, 2014
Location:Dallas, TX, US
Company:Methodist Health System
REGISTERED NURSE - CARDIAC CATH LAB
Location:Methodist Charlton Medical Center
Methodist Charlton Medical Center is a 309-bed acute care and teaching hospital for the communities of southwest Dallas County. Our clinical services include cancer treatment, cardiology — including open heart surgery, emergency care, gastroenterology, general surgery, intensive care, nephrology, neurology, obstetrics and gynecology, orthopedics, pulmonology, and radiology. We have a 99% core measure quality score. We have earned the Texas Ten Step award five years in a row for helping improve the health of newborns by encouraging breastfeeding and established the Life Shines Bright Pregnancy Program . Our emergency department volume is one of the highest in the DallasFt. Worth Metroplex. We offer one of only four Family Medicine residency programs in the area. We have a new surgery suite, including a specially designed heart OR. And in our new eight-story patient bed tower, we feature spacious, modern patient rooms. We have been named one of the nation’s top 14% on key quality measures, by The Joint Commission, the leading accreditor of health care organizations in America. No wonder employees choose to work here, stay here, and refer their friends and colleagues. Join us, and see why Methodist Charlton is a brilliant choice for your career.
Job Purpose: Registered Nurse provides direct patient care that is consistent with the Standards of Nursing Practice and complies with Standards of Performance within MHS. The Cath Lab RN performs all skills and behaviors of the RN. In addition, the Cath Lab RN demonstrates increased knowledge and has an expanded base of clinical expertise appropriate to the patient population and special procedures served.
* Acts as a clinical resource person within facility; actively participates in professional programs to maintain level of expertise.
* Assists with clinical supervision.
* Assumes responsibility for the nursing components of the patient/family/significant other educational process.
* Communicates to the team, co-workers, patients, and family members and evaluates understanding of informational manner.
* Recognizes potential complications and responds effectively to emergency and stressful situations.
* Graduate from an accredited school of nursing.
Licenses and/or Certifications (Required and Preferred)
* Current CPR certification required.
* Current license to practice professional nursing in the state of Texas or eligibility to do so required.
Related Work Experience and Other Skills
* 3-5yrs ICU or CCU
* Current Texas RN license, BLS, and ACLS required. CCRN and/or RCIS preferred. Prior interventional Cath Lab and/or 1 years critical care experience preferred.