Date:Aug 19, 2014
Location:Colorado Springs, CO, US
Penrose-St. Francis Health Services is a full-service, 522-bed acute care provider in Colorado Springs comprised of Penrose Hospital and St. Francis Medical Center. Penrose Hospital serves as the anchor hospital of Penrose-St. Francis Health Services with 364-licensed beds and the ability to provide tertiary (high tech) medical-surgical services with an emphasis on elective and outpatient care. Established in 1890, Penrose Hospital has grown to become a major health treatment and referral center, specializing in cancer care, cardiac care, emergency trauma care and physical rehabilitation. In 2008 we opened St. Francis Medical Center to keep pace with the growing needs of the Colorado Springs’ community on the north side of the city. St. Francis Medical Center features 172-beds and offers a modern Birth Center, Level IIIA Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, Pediatric Care Unit, Emergency Department, Level IV Trauma Center, Imaging Services, Surgical Services, and Critical Care Unit. It is also serves as Southern Colorado’s home base for the Flight For Life® Colorado air medical helicopter service. It’s an incredible time to join us as we celebrate our sixth consecutive year as one of “America’s 50 Best Hospitals” by Healthgrades and recent Magnet Hospital designation from the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) for superior quality in nursing care. With 300+ days of annual sunshine, mild winters and easy access places like Pikes Peak, Garden of the Gods and some of Colorado’s top destination resorts, you will enjoy an incredible lifestyle while having the career you’ve always wanted. For more information about Penrose St. Francis Health Services, visithttp://www.penrosestfrancis.org/.
JOB DESCRIPTION/JOB POSTING ID: 12650
Responsible for developing, achieving and maintaining the goals of a unit or department by focusing on the unit or department’s daily operations. Consistently promotes a positive work environment by being visible and available to all levels of staff and customers. Collaboratively works with nurse leaders in maintaining productivity, supporting hospital initiatives and ensuring units/departments are appropriately staffed. Will assist in identifying staff development needs with an emphasis on evidence based practice and education.
The Assistant Nurse Manager’s (ANM) Clinical Coordinator’s annual performance review is dependent upon departmental goals and outcomes achieved along with the key performance indicators of the team the ANM directly supervises. Key performance indicators will include but are not limited to:
- Patient Satisfaction improvement/stabilization
- Productivity- meeting unit based financial targets
- Core measures- improve and maintain a _90% bundle score
- Narcotic oversight- zero tolerance for breaches
- Medication Safety- zero tolerance for breaches
- Red Rules- zero tolerance for breaches
- Patient Hourly Rounding- consistently performed
- Associate Rounding-every associate, every month
- Active participation/implementation in facility or unit based councils and committees as assigned by unit leader
- Physician Nurse rounding-consistently performed in inpatient areas
- BSN required—must be enrolled in program within 90 days of accepting role. BSN program must be completed within 3 years.
- Must achieve and maintain appropriate facility identified national certification within one year of becoming ANM
- Current Colorado RN License
- BLS certification from American Heart Association
- Additional Life Support Certifications per Department Standards; e.g. NRP, EFM, TNCC, etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Nearest Major Market:Colorado Springs
Job Segment:Medical, Cardiac, Rehabilitation, Nursing, Registered Nurse, Healthcare