Come work for an organization where everything matters.
8:00am - 5:00pm
The RN Clinical Leader meets the Care Manager responsibilities and competencies in assisting patients to move rapidly uneventfully safely and as effectively as possible through their episode of care. The RN Clinical Leader prescribes delegates supervises and provides patient care plans for education collaborates on plan for discharge and provides for patient safety and quality.
Demonstrates competencies defined in the RN CLINICAL LEADER responsibilities in providing age-appropriate care to patients from the age of birth through 21 years and select adult patients.
In addition the RN Clinical Leader assists the Program Manager/Coordinator in supervising clinical operations planning evaluating and controlling program services and ensuring that internal and external standards are met.
1. Expertly uses and serves as a resource for the nursing process evidenced based practice and unit specific competencies to:
a. Complete the admission assessment.
b. Document a plan of care including patient outcome parameters and nursing orders.
c. Delegate patient care.
d. Evaluate patient care and patient’s response/progress.
e. Reassess patients and revise plan of care as appropriate.
f. Supervise patient care.
g. Plan discharge.
h. Plan provide delegate and evaluate patient/family education.
i. Collaborate effectively with all health care disciplines to facilitate patient outcomes.
2. Communicates patient care needs/expectations/priorities to assigned Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs) Patient Care Assistants (PCAs) unit assistants and allied health personnel.
3. Effectively relates and interacts with patient families and health care team and serves as a role model for others.
4. Functions effectively as a Charge Nurse and oversees and manages unit functioning.
5. Maintains professional standards and serves as a role model by setting professional goals and participating in activities to meet goals.
6. Manages shift operations within unit/department budgetary standards.
a. Performs daily staffing scheduling within budget parameters.
b. Analyzes data to justify and/or correct variances.
7. Provides leadership by delegating and supervising unit maintenance activities.
a. Pyxis and charge data collection.
b. Infection control activities
c. e-Chart education
d. Safety and quality activities
8. Delegates and enlists staff participation in Patient Care Services and Hospital activities.
a. Policy/procedure review and revision.
b. Helping Hand review and revision.
c. Patient/family advocacy
d. Shared governance
9. Serves as chairperson for committees and meetings. Participates in Division and Hospital committees.
10. Participates in Hospital and community educational activities. Identifies educational needs and plans and presents classes.
a. Peer review
b. Serves as a preceptor/resource
c. Orientation and continuing education
d. Clinical competency assessment
11. Coordinates research patient safety quality improvement activities and special projects.
12. Provides assistance to and coverage for the Program Manager/Coordinator.
13. Plans and coordinates program activities to meet regulatory standards related to:
a. Environmental rounds
b. Occupational Safety and Health Administration
c. Joint Commission
d. Ohio Department of Health
14. Performs activities related to cluster/staff management:
a. Time and attendance
c. Event report follow-up
d. Performance appraisal
e. Competency assessment
f. Corrective action/work improvement planning
g. Interviewing of prospective staff
15. Plans implements and evaluates program changes.
16. Practices professional nursing in accordance with the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
1. B.S.N. required.
2. Licensure: Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Ohio.
3. Certification preferred.
4. Three years pediatric clinical experience or equivalent combination of education/experience required.
MINIMUM PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Note frequency as Constantly (67-100%) Frequently (34-66%) and Occasionally (0-33%) for each requirement. Also note any lifting requirements with pound limit.
Talking on phone/in person
Typing on a keyboard
The above list of duties is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties performed by the individual so classified nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign direct and control the work of employees under his/her supervision.