Come be a part of the American Nurses Association (ANA), the only full-service professional organization representing over 3.1 million registered nurses across the nation. The American Nurses Association (ANA) not only advances the nursing profession by fostering high standards of nursing practice, it’s an excellent place to work. The American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), a subsidiary of the American Nurses Association (ANA), promotes excellence in nursing and health care globally through credentialing programs.
Develop, implement, evaluate and manage the educational products and consultative services that support the Accreditation, Certification, Magnet, Pathway, Research, and Credentialing International programs. Manage all administrative, operational and logistical processes and outcomes related to these products and services. Primary point of contact for collaborating organizations, co-hosts, presenters, consultants, content experts, and external vendors regarding educational and consultative programs, products and services. Collaborate with staff from the Accreditation, Certification, Magnet, Pathway, Research, and ANA’s Center for Continuing Education and Professional Development staff to develop high-quality educational programs, products and consultative services.
- Develops educational resources in the form of seminars, workshops, symposiums, conferences, on-line e-learning, webinars, national study groups, manuals/monographs and consultative services in support of Accreditation, Certification, Magnet, Pathway, and Research programs.
- Provides expert project management for educational and consultative products and services to include development, implementation, administration, and evaluation of outcomes.
- Provides operational and logistical support to include negotiating and managing co-host, speaker, and vendor contracts, scheduling educational events across the nation and internationally, marketing via print and web-based media, registering attendees and/or participants, on-site administrative and logistical support for live events, scheduling staff and presenter travel, originating invoices and check requests for processing by finance department, and monitoring revenue and expenses.
- As a Nurse Planner, initiates, develops and executes continuing education contact hour activities for all learning venues (synchronous and asynchrounus media formats, study groups and live presentations) in collaboration with assigned Assistant Director and the ANA’s Center for Continuing Education and Professional Development Administrator. Collects and submits required presenter and participant information and documents, and provides continuing education contact hours in accordance with Accreditation of Continuing Education standards. Monitors and coaches presenters and to ensure quality presentations and that continuing education standards are met’
- Collaborates with Marketing Department to develop and execute national and international marketing activities for current and future products and services. Activities include collaboration and communication with volunteers, program commissions, speakers, sponsors and customers.
- Represents ANCC at national conferences exhibits and trade shows, requiring extensive knowledge of Accreditation, Certification, Magnet, Pathway and Research.
- Interprets and markets continuing education resources, activities, products and services to other ANCC programs and/or departments, external organizations, academia, specialty organizations, and national and international customers. Develops and delivers presentations at local, state, regional and national meetings in support of ANCC mission and programs. Initiates and maintains external collaborative relationships, partnerships, and sponsorships to increase product and service market share, increase revenue and decrease expenses. Associated travel averages six trips were year, usually two days each.
- Identifies, researches, analyzes, and reports on relevant trends and issues in support of the Accreditation, Certification, Magnet, Pathway, and Research. Originates ideas for new products and services.
- Manages the development, logistical planning and implementation of the National Magnet Conference program and other programming and conferences as indicated.
- Creates and manages databases, develops and analyzes reports, and makes recommendations in support of seminars, workshops, symposiums, conferences, e-learning products, webinars, national study groups, and consultative services. This also includes management of program, product and services information on web page utilizing Content Management System (CMS) when needed.
- Conducts on-going educational needs assessment of current and potential customers to ensure products and services meet present and future learning and professional practice needs. Conducts customer surveys and other environmental activities for the purpose of customer satisfaction, process improvements and identification of new business opportunities. Develops strategies and activities that will enhance the quality and effectiveness of educational products, customer service and satisfaction, and supports ANCC’s mission, vision, strategic plan and goals.
- Creates, monitors and interprets statistical and financial information related to educational programs and products and consulting services. Collects required budget development information to support new product and service development and execution. Monitors revenue and expenses for assigned products and services.
- Identifies, recommends, drafts and implements policies and procedures related to business and functional areas as requested. Prepares reports, attends and participates in the board, commission, governing council, and task force meetings and conference calls as directed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
BSN required. Master’s degree required in nursing, education, administration, informatics, business, or a related field.
Related Work Experience
- Minimum 10 years of progressive experience involving educational programming and/or professional staff development
- Experience in developing nursing continuing education programs, consulting services, and/or business management preferred
- E-learning/distance learning related experience preferred
- Demonstrated success in new program development, implementation and evaluation preferred
- Requires strong project management skills
- Requires strong organizational skills to prioritize, coordinate, and follow-though on multiple complex tasks and projects concurrently and within a defined timeframe
- Requires strong critical thinking, and problem solving skills
- Must demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must demonstrate strong editing skills
- Requires close attention to detail in order to record, process and transmit data, and work with specialized nursing content
- Requires knowledge and proficiency in computer technology and databases, power-point, narrated power-point and webinar technology
- Requires superior customer service and teamwork skills and abilities
- Requires discretion in managing confidential information
- Must be able to work independently without close supervision
The ANA is a great place to work and its state of the art office is located in beautiful downtown Silver Spring, just blocks from the Metro and a wide range of restaurants and shops. The ANCC offers competitive salaries, a flexible work schedule and great benefits that include the following and many more:
• Attractive benefit plan for Health, Dental, Vision, RX
• 3 weeks paid vacation, and Christmas week off (paid)
• 9 paid holidays, birthday holiday, and 12 sick days
• Fabulous matching 401K
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Flexible Spending