1. Supervises the clinical nursing staff.
· Supervises and evaluates staff nurses through problem solving case conference and review, home visits and direct observation.
· Confers with and advises professional staff regarding patient problems or difficulties.
· Orients new nursing staff to their role.
· Acts as a model for new staff and facilitates staff development.
2. Performs duties related to the on-going functioning, growth and development of community health programs.
· Collects data and prepares quarterly reports as required by lead agency.
· Identifies potential shifts in service care needs or health trends that impact future programming.
· Coordinates multi-disciplinary case conference.
· Ensures individuals are not discharged without appropriate service coordination.
· Coordinates health promotion activities/health screenings, based on results of community assessment in collaboration with NSLIJHS Office of Professional and Public Health Education.
3. Participates in ensuring the ongoing dynamic development of high standards of quality care.
· Participates in regional and national forums on “Aging in Place” initiatives.
· Collaborates on research projects.
· Provides direct Community Health Nursing activities, as needed.
4. Performs related duties, as required.
*ADA Essential Functions