Coordinates hospice admissions and assists with discharge planning in various settings including hospitals, LTC/AL facilities, and physician offices. Facilitates end of life conversations and decision-making. Demonstrates clinical nursing expertise in end of life care, pain and symptom management, and medication management. Proficient in knowledge and application of regulatory requirements for hospice care including but not limited to eligibility and level of care criteria. Coordinates development of the initial interdisciplinary plan of care for each patient and family. Ensures a smooth transition across all care settings by ensuring that all aspects of clinical care and services have been arranged in order to ensure patient care and comfort needs are met. Serves as a clinical resource for referral sources and their patients/ family members. Responsible for pro-actively building solid relationships with established, new, and untapped referral sources. Provides ongoing education for both the professional and lay communities regarding end of life care and Holy Redeemer Home Care and Hospice Services. Proficient in the history and inter-workings of Holy Redeemer Health System and its components. Participates in professional development activities that further personal and program goals related to end of life care. Participates in sales/ marketing training programs, sales meetings, and growth strategy meetings.
Recruitment Requirements: X Direct Patient Care
-Graduate from an accredited school of nursing with current NJ State Nursing license
- BSN preferred
- CHPN preferred
- Minimum 1 year med/surg nursing experience.
- Minimum 1 year home care or hospice nursing experience preferred.
- Proven ability to identify, develop, maintain, and expand healthy business relationships and opportunities
- Self-starter, ability to work both independently and in groups
- Proven ability in public speaking and teaching skills with groups and individuals.
- Excellent customer service orientation
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal communication
- Maintains a polished, professional image
- Computer skills a must including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, and working knowledge of mobile communication devices.
- Valid driver’s license and access to an automobile required