The Director, Perioperative Excellence is responsible for the development of the Perioperative services so that a full continuum of services is created and structured in response to customer needs (patient, payer and physician). The Director maintains expertise in program and financial aspects of Perioperative services, including Level 1 Trauma, Same Day Surgery, Pre-Admission Testing, Endoscopy, Pre Anesthesia, Pre-Operative, Operating Room, PACU, SICU, Post anesthesia care units, and Central Sterile Processing. The Director will guide the ongoing development of a patient focused culture, quality and overall leadership development. The Director will focus on measurable patient, staff and physician satisfaction, reduction in turnaround times, and optimization of operational performance within all of the above-named areas.
- MS in Nursing, Business or related field required..
- Current New York State RN License
- CNOR certification
- Minimum 10- 15 years of experience as Operating Room Director
- Demonstrated experience in oversight of sterile processing and decontamination
- Demonstrated experience in program development including accountability, change management, consensus building, decision making, time management, oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.