RN Nurse Team Lead - Operating Room Job
Date:Oct 15, 2014
Location:Bellingham, WA, US
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 800 physicians and providers, a comprehensive laboratory system, and nine medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues to serve communities when invited to do so with a spirit of collaboration and stewardship. This is The Spirit of Healing—The Spirit of PeaceHealth.
Department:Operating Room (3000)
Assures professional nursing care is provided for all patients in clinical nursing unit according to established standards and practices. The Team Lead is a team member in a leadership capacity under the direction of the department leadership. The Team Lead assists in coordinating unit activities which assure optimal patient care. The Team Lead supports and directs staff members in providing compassionate care and services to patients and families. Independent decision-making is expected in the execution of routine duties.
1. Directs patient care activities on the unit for the shift by making/adjusting staff assignments that ensures optimal patient outcomes.
2. Supervises and assesses clinical practice. Directs and delegates other team members. Coordinates staffing for the next shift.
3. Assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care needs.
4. Documents patient care in the healthcare record according to established standards.
5. Directs and delegates care to other team members in accordance with their education, credentials, and demonstrated competence.
6. Ensures own professional effectiveness through education and professional development.
7. Participates in the development of and maintains established hospital policies, procedures and objectives, quality improvement, safety, environmental and infection prevention program.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required, BSN is preferred.
Minimum of one year acute care nursing experience is required.
** (2) positions will work Sat, Sun, Mon.**
Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state of Washington.
Demonstrated ability to promote positive interpersonal relationships and patient/family centered work environment
Location: Bellingham, WA
Posting Notes: Bellingham, WA || Nursing - RN Patient Care || Part Time || SURGICAL SVCS