As healthcare professionals, we are driven by a shared desire to help others.
Through medicine, technology and basic human compassion, we have the power to bring hope, comfort and healing to people in their hour of need.
At all of the LifeCare Family of Hospitals, we never forget the importance of our mission and the responsibility that comes with it. We are dedicated to achieving better health for our patients by treating each person's body, mind and soul
A national leader in long term acute care, LifeCare was built on the belief that early and aggressive intervention, coupled with a personalized treatment plan, can maximize a patient's potential for recovery.
We may not have an open position currently - but you are welcome to submit your application for Registered Nurses and be considered for future open opportunities.
General Summary: The Registered Nurse (RN) assesses, plans, implements, evaluates and provides nursing care to assigned patients utilizing the nursing process to facilitate the patient’s progression toward optimal health. The RN provides, directs and guides patient/family teaching and discharge planning to prepare the patient for self, home or further professional care. The RN is active in department activities, transdisciplinary team activities, and LifeCare activities to ensure individualized, patient-centered health care for all patient populations admitted to LifeCare Hospital.
Patient Population: Delivers direct patient care appropriate to the patients served. The ages of the patients served are adult (18-65 years of age) and geriatric (65 and older).
1. Demonstrates proper utilization of the nursing process and performs skills reflected and validated by the RN competency checklist.
2. Assists other RN’s, LPN/LVN’s, PCT’s and CNA's in the care of the patient.
3. Plans patient care for assigned shift to facilitate proper utilization of time, resources, manpower, and supplies to ensure patient receives appropriate, quality care.
4. Performs 24-hour Chart Checks as assigned to ensure that orders are written, signed and taken off properly as per LifeCare policy and procedure.
5. Ensures patient safety at all times by notifying the Charge Nurse of any risk factors seen, initiating and maintaining appropriate safety measures as outlined in LifeCare’s policies and procedures.
6. Demonstrates knowledge and utilization of safe medication administration, adhering to LifeCare’s policies and procedures.
7. Completes documentation and communicates concisely adhering to the nursing standards of practice.
8. Adheres to LifeCare policies, procedures, all safety plans and all standards imposed by regulatory organizations.
Experience: Six to twelve months of experience in a clinical setting
Education: Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing
1. Current RN license in state where currently practicing
2. Current BLS certification
3. Obtain ACLS within six months of hire date