- Bachelor's Degree Preferred
Coordinates and provides programs and learning opportunities for the clinical staff in the area assigned based upon comprehensive needs assessments performed in collaboration with clinicians, staff, organizational leaders, and peers. This position requires clinical nursing expertise in the Perioperative Environment, mastery of the principles of adult education, and an ability to work independently.
1. Collaborates with staff/clients to identify specific training and educational needs for the clinical staff and practitioners related to the care of surgical patients.
2. Develops and implements competencies, tools, programs, and curriculum designed to meet the educational and training needs of the perioperative clinical staff and practitioners and incorporates Standards of Practice, Regulatory requirements, and Evidence Based Practice for best practice.
3. Continuously monitors and reports effectiveness of programs and tools implemented, revising as needed based on organizational feedback and patient outcomes.
4. Communicates clearly and consistently with peers, department leadership, clinical staff, and patients.
5. Serves as a role model for embracing organizational change and process improvement.
6. Utilizes a variety of presentation and facilitation skills to deliver content specific to educational needs.
7. Ability to set and meet objectives and to complete work with accuracy and within organization time frames.
8. Participates in the unit and organizational quality improvement processes.
9. Displays and promotes professional, courteous, and cooperative interaction with hospital staff, patient families, physicians and leadership in meeting patient care and promoting teamwork.
10. Demonstrates competency with compliance, regulatory and accreditation standards including National Patient Safety Goals.