The Clinical Admission Placement Coordinator's primary responsibilities are to collaborate with the clinical teams to facilitate patient admissions, discharges, intra-hospital and inter-facility transfer processes. Responsibilities include analyzing information received on the electronic bed board and from clinical staff to coordinate assignment of patients to the appropriate clinical unit.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Coordinates assignment of beds based on appropriate level of care and patient aggregation from the Emergency Department, Perioperative Services, Direct Admissions, patient transfers within the hospital and transfers from other hospitals identified by the Transfer Center. Includes all entry points into the organization.
2. Promotes optimum utilization of hospital beds by conducting rounds and communicating with admission planners, admitting staff, Emergency Department, Perioperative Services, Transfer Center and staff on the patient care units regarding bed availability, current census and admission needs.
3. Addresses and resolves daily issues arising from increased census and decreased bed availability.
4. Promotes patient, family and physician satisfaction regarding bed assignments. Intervenes in conflicts as needed.
5. Liaises with Nursing and Providers to facilitate patient discharges, inter-facility and intra-hospital transfer processes.
6. Coordinates accurate, current/up-to-date census and patient bed availability information.
7. Takes the initiative to anticipate problems, uses creative thinking and generates reports as required.
8. Maintains a safe, clean and functional environment, including bringing environment and equipment problems to the attention of Bed Management Leadership
9. Coordinates 6AM Census, Bed Management Updates, and collect and report monthly data as needed.
10. May need to work variable shifts/hours and weekends.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.