LPN Clinic - PIMC Job
Date:Jan 5, 2015
Location:Friday Harbor, WA, US
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 800 physicians and providers, a comprehensive laboratory system, and nine medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues to serve communities when invited to do so with a spirit of collaboration and stewardship. This is The Spirit of Healing—The Spirit of PeaceHealth.
Department:Family Practice PIMC (4000)
** This position may be eligible for a sign on bonus
Responsible for ensuring delivery of quality nursing care to clinic patients as directed by clinic’s healthcare providers. The LPN Clinic, Outpatient functions as a core member of the interdisciplinary care team and fulfills/shares the roles and responsibilities of rooming nurse, resource nurse, and clinical support nurse in the ambulatory patient care setting. Facilitates integrated care delivery across selected populations to improve clinical and financial outcomes, through the implementation of care coordination. Under the guidance of an RN, implements patient-specific interventions through a variety of program delivery methods and implements plans of care addressing a wide scope of health care needs in partnership with the multidisciplinary care team.
1. Assess and implement patient care under supervision. Prepares patient for examination.
2. Provide direct patient care. Assists provider with examination and treatment of patient as directed.
3. Under the oversight of provider, may be responsible for telephone triage using age specific triage protocol books and computerized resources.
4. Document patient care in health record according to department standards.
5. Obtains and conveys information to and from patients, pharmacies, and other providers as directed and supervised by a licensed provider; may obtain referral authorizations for treatment as directed by provider.
6. May coordinate and integrate care of selected populations by managing chronic disease registries and conducting outreach using various program delivery methods. May evaluate reports and acts on outlier data based on criteria set forth by the Clinical Council, or appropriate regional disease management program and/or performance improvement committee(s).
7. Under the guidance and oversight of an RN, may case manage a panel of patients including provide support for patient and family issues, utilize motivational interviewing techniques in coaching patient self-management, coordinate care with providers in other settings, and implement care plans.
8. May work with discharge planners and coordinates transitions of care to ensure seamless transition between the clinic and hospitals, emergency departments or care facilities. May facilitate the sharing of information across networks of care.
9. Performs health screening per established protocols, resolves patient inquires within scope, and escalates patient inquiries beyond scope to either the RN, Clinic leadership, or the provider.
10. May participate as a proactive team member of the multi-disciplinary medical home or patient care team.
11. Under the oversight of provider, may be responsible for telephone triage using age specific triage protocol books and computerized resources.
12. Other duties as assigned.
Graduate of an accredited State Board of Nursing LPN program required.
One year clinical experience as an LPN preferred.
Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
Current LPN license in the applicable state.
Ability to collaborate with other multi-disciplinary team members.
Location:Peace Island Medical Center (221)