PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 800 physicians and providers, a comprehensive laboratory system, and nine medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues to serve communities when invited to do so with a spirit of collaboration and stewardship. This is The Spirit of Healing—The Spirit of PeaceHealth.
Department:Labor & Delivery RB (2330)
**THIS POSITION IS OPEN TO CURRENT SHMC ONA MEMBERS FOR THE INITIAL 7 DAYS. INITIAL 7 DAY POSTING CLOSES 8/19/14 , AFTER WHICH THIS POSITION IS OPEN TO NON-ONA CANDIDATES**
Peacehealth, Sacred Heart Medical Center at Riverbend, located in Springfield, Oregon is seeking experienced Labor & Delivery Nurses for a part-time, 56 hours per pay period, night shift RN position. Requires Labor & Delivery nursing experience, or may consider those with 30 CEUs of training in labor & delivery, or a least 200 hours in Labor & Delivery as nursing student within the last 2 years. Healthcare provider BLS and ACLS required at hire.
The RN Staff Nurse will assist the Charge Nurse in providing and coordinating unit activities to assure compassionate patient care. Provides direct patient care in compliance with professional practice and unit standards. The RN Staff Nurse will also promote a collaborative, interdisciplinary approach towards patients, families and all members of the care delivery team.
• Assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care needs.
• Documents patient care in the health care record according to standards.
• Participates in process improvement activities.
• Ensures own professional effectiveness through education and professional development.
• Directs and delegates care to other team members.
• The job may have additional responsibilities as assigned. All job duties must be performed in a manner that demonstrates the PHOR Personal Accountabilities, Core Values, Behavioral Expectations, and the Mission and Values of PeaceHealth Oregon Region.
• Graduate of an accredited State Board of Nursing Approved program.
• BSN preferred.
• Specialty certification preferred.
• Current Oregon RN license required or must be in process of obtaining such licensure
• Current BLS and ACLS required at hire.
• NRP required within completion of orientation period; AWHONNs fetal monitoring principles and practices course within one year of hire.
• Six months recent acute care experience focused in perinatal nursing OR:
30 CEU’s related to Labor & Delivery within the past 12 months or completion of at least 200 hours in Labor & Delivery as an Nursing student (within the last 24 months) and/or a formal Labor & Delivery training program may be substituted for some or all of this requirement
• High Risk Labor & Delivery experience preferred
• Additional educational experience (preceptorships, mentorships or SFE) in acute care perinatal nursing preferred
• Bi-lingual (Spanish) preferred.
Ability to lift 35 pounds on a regular basis, push/pull, bend/twist/stoop, walking/standing/sitting, repetitive motion.
Location: Springfield, OR
Job Category: Nursing - RN Patient Care
Shift Length:8 Hours
Work Type: Part Time
Salary range starts at:$33.00
Required Certifications/Licensure:Advanced Cardiac Life Support; Basic Life Support; Neonatal Resuscitation Program; Registered Nurse - Oregon
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed within this job class. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Springfield, OR || Nursing - RN Patient Care || Part Time || CRITICAL CARE SVCS