PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 800 physicians and providers, a comprehensive laboratory system, and nine medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues to serve communities when invited to do so with a spirit of collaboration and stewardship. This is The Spirit of Healing—The Spirit of PeaceHealth.
Department:Operating Room (3000)
This position is responsible for assisting the Surgical team during operative procedures by performing a variety of technical duties to primarily assist in responsibility for the preparation and maintenance of the surgical sterile field for the operative patient.
1. Arrange and inventories sterile set-up for operation and passes items as needed to the surgical team.
2. Understand and apply the principles of asepsis. Establish and maintain sterile field and assure team maintains sterile environment.
3. Assist in preparation and moving of patients.
4. Cleans, disinfects, and sterilizes instrumentation. Assists with clean-up and room turnover.
5. Access computer information as needed, such as preference lists and digital images.
6. Participates in all safety initiatives. Adheres to programs such as SCIP and SCOAP quality initiatives.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Graduate of an accredited Surgical Technology program or recognized course of training as a Surgical Technologist is preferred.
- One year experience as a surgical technologist in a full service operating room preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- CST (Certified Surgical Technologist) preferred.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Registered Surgical Technologist or LPN license
- Well organized, detail oriented and self motivated
- Ability to coordinate activities and work collaboratively with others
- Ability to execute detailed procedures with accuracy and precision
- Basic computer/keyboarding skills including MS Office applications
- Understanding of operating room protocols
Location:Southwest Medical Center (150)
Job Category: Other Technicians & Technologists
Shift Length:8 Hours
Work Type: Full Time
Salary range starts at: $19.10
Required Certifications/Licensure: Basic Life Support; Certified Surgical Technician
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed within this job class. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Vancouver, WA || Other Technicians & Technologists || Full Time || SURGICAL SVCS