PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 800 physicians and providers, a comprehensive laboratory system, and nine medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues to serve communities when invited to do so with a spirit of collaboration and stewardship. This is The Spirit of Healing—The Spirit of PeaceHealth.
Department:Orthopedics RBP (4671)
In collaboration with the healthcare team, assists physicians/providers in the delivery of patient care working within the scope of practice for a Medical Assistant.
1. Prepares patients for examination and treatment. Takes and records patient history and vital signs.
2. Prepares exam and treatment rooms; select, setup and maintain medical supplies and equipment for all examinations and procedures.
3. Gives injections, applies splints and dressings, and facilitates simple wound management under provider orders.
4. Prepares and maintains supplies and equipment for treatments, including sterilization.
5. May transport specimens.
6. May assist in scheduling patients for tests, initial and follow up appointments.
7. May maintain patient files, records, and other information including entry of data into electronic medical record.
8. May provide phone assessment of patient to appropriate clinical staff and/or physician.
9. Collaborates with a variety of personnel and departments to ensure smooth clinic operations.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent required.
Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant or Medical Office Assistant program is required. An approved educational program/course of study that allows caregiver to sit for the MOA certification exam will be considered (e.g. Associate’s degree in Allied Health).
Minimum of one year experience in a medical office preferred.
Current National certification for Medical Office Assistant or must receive certification within 12 months from the hire date.
Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
Familiarity with desktop computing tools, multi-line phone systems and insurance billing preferred. Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
Ability to maintain patient privacy and confidentiality
Ability to collaborate with other multi-disciplinary team members
Proficiency in the use of computer and office equipment
Ability to efficiently manage time and prioritize multiple tasks
Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Understand the principles of asepsis.
Location: Eugene, OR
Job Category: CNA/LPN/MA
Work Type: Per Diem/Relief
Salary range starts at: $14.35
Required Certifications/Licensure:Basic Life Support; Certified Medical Office Assistant - Oregon
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed within this job class. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Eugene, OR || CNA/LPN/MA || Per Diem/Relief || SPECIALTY SVCS