As healthcare professionals, we are driven by a shared desire to help others.
Through medicine, technology and basic human compassion, we have the power to bring hope, comfort and healing to people in their hour of need.
At all of the LifeCare Family of Hospitals, we never forget the importance of our mission and the responsibility that comes with it. We are dedicated to achieving better health for our patients by treating each person's body, mind and soul
A national leader in long term acute care, LifeCare was built on the belief that early and aggressive intervention, coupled with a personalized treatment plan, can maximize a patient's potential for recovery.
We may not have an open position currently - but you are welcome to submit your application for Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurses and be considered for future open opportunities.
General Summary: The Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse identifies patient needs, plans, implements, evaluates and provides nursing care of assigned patients utilizing the nursing process to facilitate the patient’s progression toward optimal health. The LPN/LVN is active in department activities, transdisciplinary team activities, and LifeCare activities to ensure individualized, patient-centered health care for all patient populations admitted to LifeCare Hospital.
Patient Population: Delivers direct patient care appropriate to the patients served. The ages of the patients served are adult (18-65 years of age) and geriatric (65 and older).
1. Demonstrates proper performance of skills reflected and validated by the LPN/LVN competency checklist.
2. Completes and appropriately documents an accurate assessment of the newly admitted patient within 24-hours of admission.
3. Properly plans/organizes work for assigned shift to properly utilize time, resources, manpower, supplies to ensure patient receives appropriate quality care.
4. Demonstrates knowledge and utilization of safe medication administration, adhering to LifeCare’s policies and procedures.
5. Ensures patient safety at all times by notifying the charge nurse of any risk factors seen, initiating and maintaining appropriate safety measures as outlined in LifeCare’s policies and procedures.
6. Assists other RN’s, LPN/LVN’s, PCT’s and CNA's in the care of the patient.
7. Communication and documentation is complete, concise, and adheres to the nursing standard of practice.
8. Adheres to LifeCare policies, procedures, all safety plans, and all standards imposed by regulatory organizations.
Experience: Six to twelve months of experience in a clinical setting
Education: Graduation from an accredited technical school of nursing
1. Current LVN/LPN license in state where currently practicing
2. IV Certification preferred
3. Current BLS certification
4. ACLS within six months of hire date