PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 800 physicians and providers, a comprehensive laboratory system, and nine medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues to serve communities when invited to do so with a spirit of collaboration and stewardship. This is The Spirit of Healing—The Spirit of PeaceHealth.
Department:Intensive Care RB (2000)
The RN Staff Nurse will assist the Charge Nurse in providing and coordinating unit activities to assure compassionate patient care. Provides direct patient care in compliance with professional practice and unit standards. The RN Staff Nurse will also promote a collaborative, interdisciplinary approach towards patients, families and all members of the care delivery team.
- Asses, plan, implement and evaluate patient care needs.
- Documents patient care in the health care record according to standards.
- Participates in process improvement activities.
- Ensures own professional effectiveness through education and professional development.
- Directs and delegates care to other team members.
- The job may have additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited State Board of Nursing Approved program.
- BSN preferred or current enrollment in a BSN program.
- Specialty certification preferred.
- Current Oregon RN license required or must be in process of obtaining such licensure
- Current BLS required
- ACLS required within 6 months of hire.
- Basic EKG class within 3 months of hire.
- One year adult critical care experience OR 400 hours in ICU as a nursing student within last 12 months OR successful completion of SHMC ICU training program
- BSN, CCRN and ACLS may be substituted for some experience
- Must function independently with more advanced treatments, procedures and equipment
- Ability to lift 35 pounds on a regular basis, push/pull, bend/twist/stoop, walking/standing/sitting, repetitive motion.
Location: Springfield, OR
Job Category: Nursing - RN Patient Care
Shift Length:12 Hours
Work Type: Per Diem/Relief
Salary range starts at: $33.00
Required Certifications/Licensure:Advanced Cardiac Life Support; Basic Life Support; Registered Nurse - Oregon
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed within this job class. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Springfield, OR || Nursing - RN Patient Care || Per Diem/Relief || CRITICAL CARE SVCS