Rehab Aide - Acute Therapies Job
Date:Sep 17, 2014
Location:Springfield, OR, US
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 800 physicians and providers, a comprehensive laboratory system, and nine medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues to serve communities when invited to do so with a spirit of collaboration and stewardship. This is The Spirit of Healing—The Spirit of PeaceHealth.
Department:Acute Therapies RB (3710)
PeaceHealth is looking for an outstanding REHAB AIDE to join our
ACUTE THERAPIES team!
This is a 24 hr/wk, day shift position.
TheAcute Therapies Rehab Aideis responsible for assisting therapists in the rehab department with set up for patient care; readying areas for patient care; keeping dept clean and clutter free; carries out assigned specific treatment preparation and patient care-related activities; maintains and cleans equipment and supplies, assists with patient transport and assists the clinical staff and office specialist as needed.
- Assist therapist and therapy assistant with patient-care related duties. This includes, but is not limited to providing a second-person assist for patient care, patient treatment area set-up/cleaning, equipment set-up/cleaning, patient transport for care, and patient comfort measures.
- Assist Therapy support staff with reception and clerical duties as needed.
- Participates in staff meetings, caregiver orientation and other gatherings as requested by Manager.
- Keeps treatment areas clean and supplies available. Adheres to department cleaning schedule and logs activities done.
- Readies department in a.m. for patient care, and performs closing duties to keep department organized.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Previous training/experience in a patient care setting preferred.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Keyboarding, computer skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, projects and display flexibility in a fast paced and changing work environment
Location:SHMC at Riverbend (420)
Job Category: CNA/LPN/MA; Other Technicians & Technologists; PT, OT, Speech Therapy; Professionals - Clinical
Work Type: Part Time
Salary range starts at: $10.78
Required Certifications/Licensure:Basic Life Support
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed within this job class. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Springfield, OR||CNA/LPN/MA; Other Technicians & Technologists; PT, OT, Speech Therapy; Professionals - Clinical||Part Time||REHABILITATION SVCS
Nearest Major Market:Eugene
Job Segment:Rehabilitation, Medical, Patient Care, Clerical, Nursing Assistant, Healthcare, Administrative