RN Transfer Center Coordinator Job
Date:Sep 12, 2014
Location:Springfield, OR, US
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 800 physicians and providers, a comprehensive laboratory system, and nine medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues to serve communities when invited to do so with a spirit of collaboration and stewardship. This is The Spirit of Healing—The Spirit of PeaceHealth.
Department:Rapid Admit (8297)
PeaceHealth has an exciting opportunity to join the Access PeaceHealth Transfer Center as a
RN Transfer Center Coordinator.
This is a per diem, variable shift position.
This position is responsible for managing and coordinating: all aspects of incoming direct admissions and patient transfer requies at a 24-hour operation transfer center including bed management as well as outgoing transfers from Network facilities. Acts as a liaison for referring entities (e.g. physicians, hospitals, other care providers) seeking to refer, consult, an/or transfer into the Network.
- Coordinates multiple processes to include connecting the referring entities with the appropriate service request and facilitates the conversation to coordinate care/referral/consultation or transfer within the Network.
- Initiates protocols to include current knowledge of hospital protocols including but no limited to STEMI, Stroke, and Trauma for inter-facility transfers, operations, service lines, patient care policies and procedures.
- Facilitates and coordinates all inter- and intra-hospital transfers, ED admissions and direct admits to allow for streamline, efficient patient flow and throughput.
- Facilitates and coordinates communications between transferring and accepting physicians and for consultation between physicians including between multiple disciplines (i.e. Nursing, Ancillary, physicians, patient/families/community member.s
- Utilizes multi-line telephones, integrated transfer center software and web paging systems to facilitate conference call with referring entities/providers and PeaceHealth providers.
- Documentation and maintenance of all transfer information and communications.
- Facilitates and coordinates all inpatient bed management for Network utilizing a comprehensive, integrated bed management software program.
- Interfaces with House Supervisors, Staffing, Management and Administration to assess facility capacities and capabilities including service line availability.
- Maintains the all physician call schedules for Network.
- Maintains and updates knowledge of and responsive to the state and federal laws/regulations to ensure compliance with EMTALA and regulatory standards which affect his/her practice.
- Utilizes a working knowledge of infection prevention, risk management and emergency preparedness.
- Facilitate communications with nursing units, mortuaries, Medical Examiner, next of kin, morgue and spiritual care regarding in-house expirations. Maintain the hospital death log. Coordinate release of deceased with ancillary facilitites (i.e. Lions Eye Bank and Community Tissue Bank).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required.
- BSN preferred.
- Minimum of three years of clinical nursing experience in an actue care hospital required.
- Previous leadership (i.e. Charge Nurse, Facilitator) experience preferred.
- Current Oregon Registered Nurse license required by date of hire.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Commitment and demonstration of superior service excellence skills.
- Proficient computer skills including all Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent multitasking, prioritization, organizational and interperson skills.
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to function as a team player and work with a wide variety of people.
- Basic knowledge of statistics and reports.
Location:SHMC at Riverbend (420)
Job Category: Nursing - RN Other; Nursing - RN Patient Care
Work Type: Per Diem/Relief
Salary range starts at: $33.84
Required Certifications/Licensure: Basic Life Support; Registered Nurse - Oregon
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed within this job class. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Springfield, OR || Nursing - RN Other; Nursing - RN Patient Care || Per Diem/Relief || PATIENT ACCOUNTING
Nearest Major Market:Eugene
Job Segment:Nursing, Medical, Law, Banking, Patient Care, Healthcare, Legal, Finance