LPN Clinic - Dermatology (Temporary) Job
Date:Nov 2, 2014
Location:Bellingham, WA, US
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 800 physicians and providers, a comprehensive laboratory system, and nine medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues to serve communities when invited to do so with a spirit of collaboration and stewardship. This is The Spirit of Healing—The Spirit of PeaceHealth.
*This is a temporary position with a limited duration of up to 3 months.
Under the supervision of an RN, the LPN provides direct nursing care, within the scope of their license, to patients as directed by the physicians and other healthcare providers. Cooperative decision making is expected in the execution of duties.
1. Implement and evaluate patient care under the supervision of an RN. Participates in the development of a patient-specific care plan.
2. Provide direct patient care including administering of medications and treatments as prescribed.
3. Document patient care in health record according to department standards.
4. Delegates, prioritizes, requests and accepts guidance and assistance from others to assure delivery of care in a safe and timely manner.
5. Ensures own professional effectiveness through continued education and professional development.
6. Assists in the transporting of patients, specimens, supplies and equipment and in the maintenance and stocking of supplies and equipment to assure optimal functioning of the department.
7. May triage patient phone calls, counsel patients, providing patient education, taking patient histories, administering prescribed medications, changing dressings, cleaning wounds and monitoring patient vital signs.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
Graduate of an accredited State Board of Nursing LPN program required.
A minimum of one year clinical experience as an LPN preferred.
Current licensure as an LPN in the state in which nurse will be practicing.
Basic computer skills required including familiarity with MS Office applications
Location: Bellingham, WA
Posting Notes: Bellingham, WA || CNA/LPN/MA || Temporary || SPECIALTY SVCS