PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 800 physicians and providers, a comprehensive laboratory system, and nine medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues to serve communities when invited to do so with a spirit of collaboration and stewardship. This is The Spirit of Healing—The Spirit of PeaceHealth.
Department:Nurse Float Pool UD (2900)
THIS POSITION IS OPEN TO CURRENT SHMC ONA MEMBERS FOR THE INITIAL 7 DAYS. INITIAL 7 DAY POSTING CLOSES 05/22/14 AFTER WHICH THIS POSITION IS OPEN TO NON-ONA CANDIDATES**
PeaceHealth is looking for an outstanding RN STAFF NURSE to join our University District Super Pool!
This is a per diem, Day shift position.
The RN Staff Nurse – Super Pool will be assigned to work in the following areas:
Medical, Rehab, and Behavioral Health.
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care needs.
- Documents patient care in the healthcare record according to established standards.
- Directs and delegates care to other team members in accordance with their education, credentials, and demonstrated competence.
- Ensures own professional effectiveness through education and professional development.
- Participates in the development of and maintains established hospital policies, procedures and objectives, quality improvement, safety, environmental and infection prevention program.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an approved school of nursing required.
- BSN preferred.
- Specialty certification preferred.
- Two years of acute care experience or two years of sub-acute experience in a skilled nursing facility as a Staff Nurse preferred.
- Six months of clinical experience in inpatient or outpatient behavioral health/psychiatry and/or community based mental health settings preferred.
- Successful completion of Inpatient Behavioral Health education modules, orientation and standard competencies.
- Ability to deal effectively with agitated and potentially violent patients.
- Current Oregon Registered Nurse licensure required at date of hire.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- ProAct required within 6 months of hire.
- Functional Independence Measure (FIM) required within 6 months of hire.
- Demonstrated ability to promote positive interpersonal relationships and patient/family centered work environment
- Able to support and interpret medical center philosophy, policy and procedures
- Basic computer skills
Location:SHMC at University District (422)
Job Category: Nursing - RN Other; Nursing - RN Patient Care
Shift Length:8 Hours
Work Type: Per Diem/Relief
Salary range starts at: $33.00
Required Certifications/Licensure: Basic Life Support; Registered Nurse - Oregon
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed within this job class. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Eugene, OR || Nursing - RN Other; Nursing - RN Patient Care || Per Diem/Relief || ROUTINE NURSING SVCS